simply (?) sonos question

moosey

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
[:cool:]hi

i have decided to consolidate all my music on a NAS, and hopefully persuade the 'boss' that Sonos throoughout the house is needed.

I would like to connect the zoneplayer90 to the amps i already have in various rooms eg to AV receiver in lounge. If I connect via optical, do I need to ensure amp will decode the file type. I was going to re-rip my cds to a lossless version (rather than current 320mp3), but do i need to make sure amp can process the file? My AV amp playes mp3 and wav from usb, but can't do flac or apple lossless.

I know i could use the analog outputs, but it was suggested to me that a digital connection may be better?

I'm sure it's a simple answer for one of the viewing experts, but i wanted to be sure before I invest next week in ripping

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
Apple lossless is fine. The Sonos does the decoding and you can use the optical conncetion to conncet the ZP90 to your amplifier.

You can find a lot of guidance on how to set up Sonos on the Furums on the Sonos web site.

I use apple lossless with my Sonos. It is a great system

Andrew

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I have a Sonos ZP90 running directly into my amp at the moment but I will be adding an external DAC soon to bypass the Sonos' internal one. I do not know if your amps internal DAC is better than Sonos' so the difference may be negligible.

moosey

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
thanks for you time and advice.

i will start reripping in Apple Lossless and hope santa will bring a sonos suprise for crimbo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts