Simplicity Rocks

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
After becoming tired of wires formats boxes and physical media in my living room system I decided to simplify matters a few weeks back (we were having to isolate so had some spare time). I had a very nice system going on which ticked all boxes for me however as mentioned the clutter was driving me mad! I stripped out the turntable, cdp, Phono stage and dac along with all the records cds and flipping wires to be left with just speakers amp and streamer (see Sig below) all controlled by my iphone and i couldn't be happier with it. The Auralic streamer I've found is brilliant by itself and the amp and speakers have always been a match made in heaven.

I'm finding the simplicity very liberating - give it a go you might like it.

Reactions: matthewpiano
D

Deleted member 188516

After becoming tired of wires formats boxes and physical media in my living room system I decided to simplify matters a few weeks back (we were having to isolate so had some spare time). I had a very nice system going on which ticked all boxes for me however as mentioned the clutter was driving me mad! I stripped out the turntable, cdp, Phono stage and dac along with all the records cds and flipping wires to be left with just speakers amp and streamer (see Sig below) all controlled by my iphone and i couldn't be happier with it. The Auralic streamer I've found is brilliant by itself and the amp and speakers have always been a match made in heaven.

I'm finding the simplicity very liberating - give it a go you might like it.

i'm guessing there has been no reduction in sound quality then ?

for me it will be a single source and a pair of actives...when funds allow !

Reactions: knaithrover

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
i'm guessing there has been no reduction in sound quality then ?

for me it will be a single source and a pair of actives...when funds allow !

Well it's funny you should say that but I was thinking of at some point going the next step and getting some LS50 wireless and dispensing with my amp...
On sq its not quite as good (especially with taking my chord dac out of the loop) but there's not actually much in it.
I really do think that my current system is a match for say a Naim Uniti Atom or Nad M10 with the same speakers and at half the price all in

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts