Sight and Sound UK

A

Anonymous

I hope they haven't ceased trading, I ordered a headphone amp from them at the start of december, had the money taken for it two days later and still haven't had the item delivered, I haven't been able to get hold of them for the last week or so.

A

Anonymous

Not a Graham Slee Novo headphone amp by any chance? That is what I am waiting for (since 3rd Jan).

A

Anonymous

To be fair I also ordered an Arcam RCube and it came with no issues within a few days.

A

Anonymous

Hope not. I ordered 2 items on 3rd January, received 1 promptly with no issues but was advised the other item would follow the next week and have since heard nothing despite following up with emails.

davidpr

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
Homepage currently shows a message saying "We are temporarily closed for maintenance. Please check back soon".

Andy, has done since at least Friday when I checked. It is also the lack of response to emails and the telephone as well.

David.

A quick search on the Internet suggests that customers have faced problems lately with the company. It's certainly strange for the website to go down for maintenance at the same time as telephone calls and emails going unanswered. Do they have a physical shop & are they still open for business?

To be on the safer side, those who have outstanding orders, contact your credit card provider / PayPal & appraise them of the situation.

A

Anonymous

SteveD said:
Not a Graham Slee Novo headphone amp by any chance? That is what I am waiting for (since 3rd Jan).

100% correct, ive have been waiting for it since 4th December, it was going to be a christmas present.

If they have stopped trading thats my money gone as i don't think you can claim anything back on a debit card.

A

Anonymous

Got told by another supplier recently that Sight and Sound's account had been suspended by Anthony Gallo, doesn't bode well!

A

Anonymous

I don't know if credit card payments, normally protected by Section 75 legal protection, will be protected either. Moneysavingexpert.com says normally this will only apply and give protection on credit card purchases if directly ordered from supplier and not via WorldPay or PayPal etc. If, as the case here, the payment was made via WorldPay the claim would have to be through them and WorldPay point you straight back to the retailer and do not themselves offer refunds or assistance. Gutting, hope will still come good but not optimistic due to phone in shop not being answered and lack of responses to emails.

1) Some debit cards (especially Visa electron) offer same amount of protection as credit cards.

2) If you pay by PayPal, then you are protected by PayPal & they will sort your problem out. I think the same goes with WorldPay as well, although it's likely to be more difficult. Regardless, I will still speak to my credit card provider; they should help.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2007/feb/04/consumernews.observercashsection2

morpethmag

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Ordered a Yammy amp on 15th Jan. should have been delivered within 3 days. Yet to receive it. No response to emails nor telephone. Raised the issue with Mastercard.:cry:

A

Anonymous

The main email address is bouncing back messages now also

The following message to <sales@sightandsounduk.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Relaying is not permitted'

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
I've just had a call from one of Sight & Sound's UK suppliers who says legal action is being taken against S&S for non-payment of goods supplied. I'll update you when I know more.

A

Anonymous

Yes, SIGHT AND SOUND UK have ceased trading, I'm afraid.

Today I received a letter from begbies Traynor (www.begbies-traynor.com) addressed TO ALL KNOWN CREDITORS advising that the director of the comapny Malenky.Co limited wishes to place the company into voluntary liquidation as it is unable to pay its debts.

I have advised Barclaycard and they have suspended a £650 payment pending investigation.

SteveR750

sonycentre said:
Another one bites the dust,such a shame when will it end. :cry:

when retailers with overheads find a different business model and stop trying to compete with online sales. This is a product that demands the customer be in a specific place to make the right sale, so give them the choices in one place, and not force us to drive miles / take time off works to buy even basic kit.

The manufacturers need to make sure they don't give preferential prices to the amazons of the world; eventually *blind listening* buyers will be forced to change their buying patterns after unhappy experiences (check out these forums for enough evidence), and then selling on at huge losses. You might even dispense with a glitzy showroom, find a place to store gear in a controlled temp/humidity whilst pre-burning in the kit (that the manufacturers cant be bothered to do); and buy a van and just do home demos at the weekends/evenings.

I do feel for these businesses that fail, often for justifiable reasons, but like any industry you cant simply throw your hands intoi the air and expect the rest of us to bail you out.

SteveR750 said:
sonycentre said:
Another one bites the dust,such a shame when will it end. :cry:

when retailers with overheads find a different business model and stop trying to compete with online sales. This is a product that demands the customer be in a specific place to make the right sale, so give them the choices in one place, and not force us to drive miles / take time off works to buy even basic kit.

The manufacturers need to make sure they don't give preferential prices to the amazons of the world; eventually *blind listening* buyers will be forced to change their buying patterns after unhappy experiences (check out these forums for enough evidence), and then selling on at huge losses. You might even dispense with a glitzy showroom, find a place to store gear in a controlled temp/humidity whilst pre-burning in the kit (that the manufacturers cant be bothered to do); and buy a van and just do home demos at the weekends/evenings.

I do feel for these businesses that fail, often for justifiable reasons, but like any industry you cant simply throw your hands intoi the air and expect the rest of us to bail you out.

Very well said, & excellent suggestion regarding home demos! :clap:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts