Shure SE535 vs Grado GR10 vs Klipsch Image X10i

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any opinions out there?

I'm looking at some in ears and my last pair of over ear headphones have been with me for 10 years now. So based upon that, I'm happy to fork out some good money for some in ears. I don't want the bulk of the over ears when travelling.

I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions about the above list? I'm still listening to an iPod, but am in the process of converting to FLACs as soon as I possibly can, any compressed music that I do listen to isn't less than 256K so it's not completely disastrous if I do.

I've heard a couple of Shure's products, and I've been quite impressed with the overall clarity, but have noticed that they seem to be lacking bass, according to their own statements this is apparently resolved in the 500 / 535s with the three driver setup. Nobody is willing to let me trial a pair of them and pretty much everyone seems to have a no-return policy on them (Health reasons) so I'm sorta stuck, happy to pay the cash, but don't want to get stuck with something I don't want.

I just saw the review in the March What Hi Fi, and wondered how the GR10s compared to the SE535s or just save half the money, and get the Klipsch Image X10s?

Any suggestions appreciated,

Thanks,

Berny

A

Anonymous

Berny I'm in the same predicament, as my Shure Se 110 as almost dead. And I wanted to upgradeto better., I also wear mine in bed.
Nick

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the club! I have been looking for ways to compare 50-1000gbp in-ears for several months without any success. I have posted a couple of threads here. Responses are usually rcommendations of particular models people have and confirmation that it is not possible to audition.

I have been suggesting a WHF group test - given that it is impossible for consumers to compare themselves such a test would be particularly valuable, especially that there is more and more lossless audio finding way to people's ipods. No comment from WHF so far on these threads.

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/578393.aspx

A

Anonymous

I agree it is very frusrating you would not spend £300-£500 on a Dac for example without an audition
Nick

zwanchef

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi there i bought some se425,s a couple of weeks ago,i wasnt entirely satisfied with them until someone on another site suggested adding a 75ohm resistor plug.wow what an amazing diferance.

Everything is now there Bass,Treble,Soundstage.

, Recomended

A

Anonymous

zwonchef what are you using as the source for the Shure's.
Nck
Ps I am thinking of maybe getting them or the 535's

zwanchef

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
High nick,i use a Samsung nc10 netbook>uDac2hp>s to p adaptor>shure se425 and i stream Spotify premium.

I have not tried my wav loaded ipod yet.

Hope that helps,oh and i bought from amp3 with discount code for a further 10% off and great service.

A

Anonymous

Zwanchef thanks I will be mostly using my iPod touch either with or without the proj-ect head box or laptop. I think I may need to buy a Dac/headphone amp in the near future.
Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts