Should trade in my DVD-player (Pioneer 868 AVI) and my CD-player (Arcam CD72) for the Marantz DV9600

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, Another newby here,
I'v got a question?

I can get my hands on a Marantz DV9600 for a decent price. If I sell my DVD-player (Pioneer 868 AVI) and my CD-player (Arcam CD72) I can almost buy the Marantz, just have to add a little more. The question is:Will the Maranzt beat my Pioneer in Vision and my Arcam in sound? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance, Niels

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm, me is thinking that's the player going on AVForums. Best of luck, hope you get it!

A

Anonymous

Andrew,

Thank you very much for the response! Guess I have to go for it ;-)

Niels

A

Anonymous

I'm from Holland so, it's not the one from the AV forum!

But thansk for the reply, Niels

A

Anonymous

Hi, Andrew Everard.
I have a similar question to Nelis6. I'm planning to change my Denon DVD2910 and/or Cyrus CD8 to either Marantz DV9600 or DV7001.
My current setup consists of Panasonic PT-AE900E, Arcam AVR350, Denon DVD2910, Cyrus CD8, Spendor S5e/C5/SR5, Velodyne SPL1000R and QED cables.
I watch movies most of the time and listening to CD occasionaly.
Is it worth getting the more expensive DV9600 or will the DV7001 suffice for my system? How far different are they in audio and video quality? Is either of the marantz comparable in sound to my Cyrus? Thank's so much.

A

Anonymous

Hello Tjong,

I'd also like to give you my reaction...

I got the DV9600! It's an amazing machine for picture and movie sound. As a cd player you have to like the slightly warmer sounds from the Marantz. My Arcam has a little more up in your face sound and the marantz plays it's music smooth as silk....

So if movie is you main concern, the Maranzt will do just fine!

Hope it helps, Niels

A

Anonymous

Thank's Nelis6, I'm so tempted to buy the dv9600. But as new blue ray players from Denon and marantz are coming out soon, I don't intend to spend too much on a dvd player, unless the performance justifies the price. The price of dv9600 is almost double to dv7001 in my area. So, just wanna make sure if the double price equal to double performance, otherwise I'll be happy with the cheaper one and save the difference for a decent blue ray player perhaps next year. Thank's for the reply.

A

Anonymous

Hello Tjong, I didn't really mean that you should buy the 9600. I wanted to say that the topline of Marantz is good when it comes to picture-quality....

Good luck with your purchase!

Niels

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts