Should i up grade my speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am in a dilema at the moment can anyone help? This is the dilema i my current set up is as follows,Panasonic 42" px70 Dennon DVD-1930 Pioneer VSX AX3 reciever Eltax symphony centre Eltax millenium fronts and 2 sets of Eltax HT-2 bi polar surrounds and i have just brought a mordant short 309i subwoofer.What i am wondering if is it worth upgrading the rest of the speakers to match the sub now,i will be looking at getting the mordaunt short 904i for £199 or the 906i for £264 centre i can get for about £69 but i am wondering if i will notice that much of an inprovement for the money out lay? any ideas very welcome

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Yoda, I'd venture that your speakers are the weak link in your system so an upgrade would be well worth it. The Mordaunt-Shorts you mention would be an improvement, but I wouldn't restrict your search just in order to match the speakers to your new sub. What sort of budget do you have in mind for this upgrade?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Simon Lucas"]Yoda, I'd venture that your speakers are the weak link in your system so an upgrade would be well worth it. The Mordaunt-Shorts you mention would be an improvement, but I wouldn't restrict your search just in order to match the speakers to your new sub. What sort of budget do you have in mind for this upgrade?[/quote]

I agree with you simon the speakers are the weak link here.My budget isnt much at the moment but i know i can get the mordant short as and when i can afford them i have to take into consideration the wife who doesnt think i need to upgrade lol i am willing to consider other speakers.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
In that case, make sure you have a listen to Tannoy's Mercury F1 range. The whole 5.1 system goes for £820, tops, but you already have a decent sub so you should be able to do a fair bit better, price-wise. The wife will come 'round (he wrote hopefully).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts