What Replacements should I buy?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am currently in the process of replacing a big chunk of my Home cinema system and I was wondering what my Choices are? The Kit I currently have is Pioneer 427XD (mounted onto an Atacama Equinox AVT), Pioneer VSX-AX2AVi, Mission MX1 fronts, Mission MXC1, Centre, M30i Rears and MS8 Sub (7.1) Sony BDPS350, Toshiba XE1, Virgin Cisco TiVo box, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.

Anyhow I want tp replace my TV, Reciever and Blu-ray player and I have just over £2000 to spend. I would like a 50" screen (although I can stick to 42 or do 46") and ideally I would like them all to be future proof and, therefore, 3D ready. I am willing to spend more and I can leave the BD player if I should spend more on the TV and Reciever for the time being.

Can I go bigger than 42" on my stand?

Let me know what you guys think

A

Anonymous

No one?

I am looking at either the Pannasonic 50VT20 or 30 (when it comes out or the Samsung D8000, any thoughts on these.

I am also drawn between either an Onkyo NR808 or Pioneer 2020/LX53

A

Anonymous

Out of the AVRs you mention my choice would be the 2020, as it's basically a 53 with a different facsia and no Bluetooth dongle included. Although I have not heard the MX range so how well they will match I'm not sure. With the TV it's a difficult one, as not many people have seen the new ranges yet. The VT20 has great black levels and less cross talk than any other TV that I have seen, but some have had motion issues and it's not the most attractive TV IMO. It may be worth seeing what the new range bring. I've just updated to a Sony BDPS570, and although it is due to be replaced, for not much over £100, I don't think you can go wrong, eventually picture quality must Plato and only the features will be added to new models.

A

Anonymous

I was in a store on Sunday and looked at the VT20 and it was great to watch but I could see quite a mit of motion judder, like it was lagging in some pics, is this what you mean. The people in the shop insisted that they couldn't see it it but it was certainly their.

Someone has said that Denon's fit nicely with the Mission speakers, any ideas on the Denon AVR-2311?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts