Hi-Fi Selection...

BringItBroski

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

In a couple months I'm looking to purchase effectively my first ever Hi-Fi set. I am, however, pretty new to all this and as a result I'm going to need some help choosing each component: D

First of all, the Amplifier/Receiver. I've been looking at the Yamaha RX-V477, the Pioneer VSX-924 (Sale @ Richer Sounds [£140 Off]) and the Pioneer VSX-824. Obviously I know the VSX-924 will be the best but is it worth the extra? Looking to spend maximum of £300 here (ideally £200-£230).

Next, the front speakers. These HAVE to be floorstanders, both for logistical and personal reasons. So I've been looking at the Mission M33i, the Mission MX3 and the Wharfedale Diamond 155 [£150 Off]. Looking to spend £150 - £250 here.

Subwoofer I've pretty much decided on the Wharfedale SW150 unless there are any closely priced alternatives.

Centre I'm not sure on, looking to spend around £100 - £150.

Rears, also not sure, considering the Mission MX1 or closely priced alternative.

Sorry for the long message guys, all replies are appreciated, I just really want to get this right! Used mostly for Music + Films and 5.1 is highly desirable.

Cheers,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts