Should I stick or twist

A

Anonymous

Hi there, I am a newbie to this forum and would like some advice please. I have recently upgraded my old Yamaha amp (RX-V1500) and non-HD TV to the following: Arcam AVR400 AMP and Panasonic TX-P50VT30 TV. I have, however, kept my current AV speakers, these are Castle's CC3. Overall, I am very impressed with the quality of the amp and in all fairness, has totally transformed the Castle's sound, especially when playing blu-ray movies - CD Stereo sound could be better though. I have my heart set on the MA apex speakers, have read many positive reviews and do like the look of them, but am in mixed minds at the mo - Would replacing the CC3's with the Apex make a noticeable difference? The Apex are twice the price of the CC3's, but are they twice as good? What other AV speakers would suit the Arcam??

thanks

G

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
the apex are very good speakers for music and films - check out the owners thread there are a lot of happy owners there.

I am not one but my cousin has them and they are very good.

He has a Bk XLS400 sub instead of the MA one - that s avery good sub as well - I do have one of them

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
They will certainly sound very different to the Castles, but don't change without a demo.

For improving stereo, there is always the alternative of getting some bigger Castle speakers for the front.....again this would need to be tried before buying, to see how it worked. This makes sense if you love the Arcam + Castle sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts