Question Should I set center speaker to small or large?

Tannoy866

Dec 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi :) I have Tannoy precision 6.4 matching fronts and center. I'm not using a subwoofer.

I'm guessing centre should be set to small so dialogue sounds better? and let my fronts take care of the bass

While here... I have 12v trigger holes at the back of my AV receiver, I'm using it to auto turn my power amp on... Im struggling to fit my AV receiver in my cabinet, I will buy a right angle of this port.... What's the port called? Mini RCA?.... AUX.... Jack port?

Thanks

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 116933

Hi, in my opinion, everything should be set to small and send everything below 80-60hz to the subwoofer, let it deal with what its good at.
It will give your amplifier an easier life and will be more likely to be able to actually reach reference levels
if you listen that high.

in regards to your port, I can't remember the name of that. but sure someone will be along to help out with that

michael hoy

Hi, in my opinion, everything should be set to small and send everything below 80-60hz to the subwoofer, let it deal with what its good at.
It will give your amplifier an easier life and will be more likely to be able to actually reach reference levels
if you listen that high.

in regards to your port, I can't remember the name of that. but sure someone will be along to help out with that
The OP does not have a Sub.
3.5mm mono mini plug.

Last edited:
Experiment and see what's best for you. The issue with setting the centre speaker to "small" is that the lower frequencies will be lost as they have no place to divert to, as you don't have a subwoofer. Your centre speaker is more than capable of handling lower frequencies without affecting the mid range.

What AVR have you got? It is worth experimenting setting just the fronts to large and everything else to small to see if it's any better. Do report back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tannoy866

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts