Should i care the co ax inputs arent working on my 3310?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I bought my Denon 3310 (ex demo unit) a couple of months ago and its doing everything I want. When setting up though I couldnt get any of the co axial inputs to work. I went through all the usual input assigns etc and no joy. I wanted to use the co ax input to get 5.1 sound from my sky hd box.. but i copped that the sky hd box also has an optical out - so i'm using that instead. It still sort of bugs me that the co axial inputs dont work though. The thing is - i bought the receiver from the Uk so return for a check is going to cost be best part of 50 pounds in postage.. i dont 'need' the co ax inputs but i'm a little worried that it may be a sign that some other components in the receiver might fail down the road. I'm about 6 months into a 2 year warranty on it - so I have time to ponder it over.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
Mick

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i did try the co ax of my blu-ray player and no joy either.. which led me to believe a fault with the denon.. but apparently it would be quite rare

Andrew Everard said:
Of course it could be that the electrical digital out on your Sky box isn't working/switched on...

A

Anonymous

what coaxial cable are you using? have you tried a different one to see if that could be the problem area?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts