Marantz PM6004....how to connect

Crickers

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I bought a nice cheap outgoing 6004 to replace my ageing Yamaha Rx-V1000. I don't really care about surround, so thought it better to invest in a Stereo Amp instead. Trouble is the 6004 only has analog inputs, yet I need to connect my CD6004 (has RCA) Sky Box (has RCA), PS3 (no RCA) and Blu Ray (no RCA). I'm used to having the latter two connected via optical or Co-axial. I also love to stream Spotify from my MacBook through Optical. Do I need to stick to an AV Amp, or is there a similarly priced, nice sounding Stereo amp out there that has the connections I need?? Money is an object, but I'd like the nice sound coupled with connectivity. Bells and whistles I care not.

Help!!!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Crickers said:
Okay, so I bought a nice cheap outgoing 6004 to replace my ageing Yamaha Rx-V1000. I don't really care about surround, so thought it better to invest in a Stereo Amp instead. Trouble is the 6004 only has analog inputs, yet I need to connect my CD6004 (has RCA) Sky Box (has RCA), PS3 (no RCA) and Blu Ray (no RCA). I'm used to having the latter two connected via optical or Co-axial. I also love to stream Spotify from my MacBook through Optical. Do I need to stick to an AV Amp, or is there a similarly priced, nice sounding Stereo amp out there that has the connections I need?? Money is an object, but I'd like the nice sound coupled with connectivity. Bells and whistles I care not.

Help!!!

Why did you buy an amplifier that does not have the correct connections for the equipment you already have?

Most two channel amps at the budget end of the spectrum will not have digital inputs and if they do, most likely only one.

Something like the Onkyo TX8050 is what you need, plenty of analogue and digital inputs and plenty of other functionality too. Expect to pay about £400.

Dougal1331

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
For the Sky box, get yourself a Scart adaptor from Maplin (or similar shop)- they cost a few pounds.

Just make sure you get an 'Out' one, not an 'In'... Then you can connect via a normal RCA interconnect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts