Short stands

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Been kindly given a pair of Atacama stands.

They have a nice design to them and seem about a heavy as my existing stands but are a fair bit shorter. They are approx 50cm high.

The ones in use now are about 60cm.

I understand the stands should place the tweeters at ear level. The Atacama's are quite a bit lower. Any rason they are like this? I thought they would all be a standard size.

Should I keep with my existing ones and just swap when my mate comes round so not to upset him?

Ta!

A

Anonymous

hmm, its none I can see on there now. Its a rectangular base and plinth.The vertical is an almost triangular shape which is one peice, and fillable.

I still don't see any use for shorter or taller stands, maybe if you like sitting in a bean bag?? Is there any way to raise the level? Anything I could use as a base?

Possibly Atacama SE24's

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Black Knight: I still don't see any use for shorter or taller stands, maybe if you like sitting in a bean bag??

Chairs come in different heights, so do people and so do stand mount speakers.

A

Anonymous

SE24s are definitely 60cm. I just measured mine.

Stands come in varying sizes, so you can put various sized speakers on them. Ideally the tweeters should be at ear height. If they're not an improvement over your current stands, then they're no use but..... in my office chair I'm above the tweeters of my speakers and I'm fine with the sound.

I'd keep them just in case I went for a larger standmount speaker.
hth
Gary

A

Anonymous

Ahh ok, all the standmounts i've seen so far have been about the same size.

A

Anonymous

Not sure to be honest, picked them up second hand. Pretty heavy though.

Just uploaded a photo.

IMG_1795.jpg

A

Anonymous

They're SE20s, same design as the SE24 but 10cm shorter. They're a very good stand. I'd fill them with Kiln-dried sand and try your current speakers on them.

Try them with 4 blobs of blu-tak too.

If they sound good, keep them. If not, then someone with a two-way 6" will snap them up.
atb
Gary

A

Anonymous

Thanks.

Couldn't sell them as they were given as a freebie. May well keep them for a mini sytem in another room.

A

Anonymous

They'll be a major upgrade to your second system!
Nice one.
You should try them in your current system anyway, just to see.
atb
Gary

A

Anonymous

Hmm, paving slabs, good idea. Suppose if i can find some the right size and paint them they wouldn't look too much out of place.

Thanks.

Pike900fish

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Have mine on paving slabs...really isolates them. My SE24's aren't filled but intend to as I swear I can detect a bit of movement of my AElite 2s...Or perhaps I'm imagining things??? Probably use atabites.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts