setting up a AV amp with pre outs or not ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I would like some advice on setting up a AV amp with pre outs or not ?, is this a good option to preserve the sound quality I have with my set up, or would a modern AV amp do the job as well with music as the old amp.

The Sony STR-DA2400ES had pre outs with in my budget, but the new Denon AVR-1910 looked like a good all rounder in your review, but no pre outs to keep the set up simple with out the stereo amp.

I am happy on the most part with the sound quality on most music types with the system below, I would like to use a AV amp to run a freesat, Playstation 3 ( games, blueray and dvd ), and the Apple TV for both music and video content, all via HDMI to keep it simple.

I will add in a Centre speaker, sub and rears for 5.1 surround at a latter date, keeping the B&W 685's for front speakers and music.

I have a old Sony TA-FB940R amplifier (????? in what hi-fi at the time ) playing to a pair of B&W 685 speakers, with QED Silver Anniversary XT Bi-Wire cables, I use a Marantz CD6000SE and a Apple TV with Apple lossless with a mixture of compressed music depending on how important the quality of the music is to me ( subjective artistic, rather than compression standards ).

Any input on the above would be welcome, as I have only managed to half answer the question on line, thank you.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
mrjeffy:
I would like some advice on setting up a AV amp with pre outs or not ?, is this a good option to preserve the sound quality I have with my set up, or would a modern AV amp do the job as well with music as the old amp.

The Sony STR-DA2400ES had pre outs with in my budget, but the new Denon AVR-1910 looked like a good all rounder in your review, but no pre outs to keep the set up simple with out the stereo amp.

I am happy on the most part with the sound quality on most music types with the system below, I would like to use a AV amp to run a freesat, Playstation 3 ( games, blueray and dvd ), and the Apple TV for both music and video content, all via HDMI to keep it simple.

I will add in a Centre speaker, sub and rears for 5.1 surround at a latter date, keeping the B&W 685's for front speakers and music.

I have a old Sony TA-FB940R amplifier (????? in what hi-fi at the time ) playing to a pair of B&W 685 speakers, with QED Silver Anniversary XT Bi-Wire cables, I use a Marantz CD6000SE and a Apple TV with Apple lossless with a mixture of compressed music depending on how important the quality of the music is to me ( subjective artistic, rather than compression standards ).

Any input on the above would be welcome, as I have only managed to half answer the question on line, thank you.

It's very simple to do - I have mine set up like this. However, I know nothing about your amp so have no idea whether it would be an improvement on the stereo sound from the 2400 receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts