Sept issue, headphone guide: no Sennheiser HD in the HiFi section...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

are there any reason for the noticeable absence of Sennheiser HD (650, 800 or any other) in the HiFi part of the headphone guide?

I'm not a fanboy (at least I try not to) but I wanted to be able to compare this kind of product with the other's brand flagship.
I own an HD580 but haven't had a way to compare it with anything else serious yet.

I guess I'll have to stick with the HiHi headphone forum and Headwize.

I kind of mourn the 5,2 euros I spent for the mag.

Stephane

A

Anonymous

They actually answered this one on another thread. Both these headphones are listed in the Buyer's listings at the end, as they were reviewed previously, as well as the Beyer T1. But yeah, in an ideal world with lots of time they would have done some comparisons to cover the top end of the market.

If you search in google for "guide to full-size headphones 2011 download" you may find a useful download :)

What are you unhappy about the hd800?

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks a lot for your valuable reply, sorry if I launched and already adressed "issue" I actually have no problem at all with the HD580, but as I have no idea of how other brand perform "in real life" (the specs are meaningless when it comes to this range of products).

I like this headphone so much I decided to treat him with a DIY amplifier (battery powered even if it's not for portable use, just for the purest power supply possible) with crossfeed so I can enjoy hours of music without headache!

But let's imagine another brand/model would have stellar result in the same price range, I may consider buying one as I became a regular headphone listener at home.

[Edit] Having checked in my mag, I have no headphone in the buyer guide at the end... Damn french edition I guess :)

Stephane

TALON1973

May 26, 2008
Visit site
ive just done a quick search for reviews on sennhieser headphones using teh whf site .... it does come up with the hd800 ... but no sign of the hd 600/650 , although the 595 are listed . abit odd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts