Sennheiser HD 650

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gray

AntAxon said:
MajorFubar said:
AntAxon said:
I can only hear Whoa..... F**king Hell. I think I'm right in saying you do mixing or something like that, perhaps your system can bring out even more detail than mine.
Listen more carefully...it's not "whoa..." it's "chord", preceeded by "got the wrong...". You do need to listen carefully, but your new headphones will be easily good enough. Unfortunately I don't have any multitracks for Hey Jude so I can't do a mix showing it more prominently.

Mike Brown's list of Beatles Anomalies explains it further :)

It may be my hearing I did a frequency test the other day and the range was 20Hz to 14Khz thats what happens when you are nearly 59. I hate getting old. *sad*

Don't be too down Antaxon. I'd guess that 14kHz is above average for your age.

Gray

dalethorn said:
AntAxon said:
MajorFubar said:
AntAxon said:
I can only hear Whoa..... F**king Hell. I think I'm right in saying you do mixing or something like that, perhaps your system can bring out even more detail than mine.
Listen more carefully...it's not "whoa..." it's "chord", preceeded by "got the wrong...". You do need to listen carefully, but your new headphones will be easily good enough. Unfortunately I don't have any multitracks for Hey Jude so I can't do a mix showing it more prominently.

It may be my hearing I did a frequency test the other day and the range was 20Hz to 14Khz thats what happens when you are nearly 59. I hate getting old. *sad*

All of the music fundamentals are well below 10 khz, as well as nearly all of the important harmonics. The frequencies above 10k are usually called "air" frequencies, so if you can hear 14k you'll pretty much have the air covered too. If you lose 12 khz someday you'll notice some missing "air" then, but eat a good diet and execise and you'll enjoy hi-fi to at least 80.

I'd settle for it being as easy as that Dale, there'd be a lot fewer deaf pensioners. Many of that generation have had a lifetime of healthy eating.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
AntAxon said:

Nothing really of use above 15kHz so you ain't missing much! :)

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Gray said:
dalethorn said:
AntAxon said:
MajorFubar said:
AntAxon said:

All of the music fundamentals are well below 10 khz, as well as nearly all of the important harmonics. The frequencies above 10k are usually called "air" frequencies, so if you can hear 14k you'll pretty much have the air covered too. If you lose 12 khz someday you'll notice some missing "air" then, but eat a good diet and execise and you'll enjoy hi-fi to at least 80.

I'd settle for it being as easy as that Dale, there'd be a lot fewer deaf pensioners. Many of that generation have had a lifetime of healthy eating.

I know plenty of people who are over 70 who can hear at least to 12khz clearly. Hearing loss is usually attributed to age, as a statistical thing, but that's statistics, not absolutes. There's plenty you can do to have superior hearing for your age, and even great athletic ability too. You don't have to be "average" if you don't want to be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts