Seperates

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Yes if those contacts are bridged you only need to connect one pair. Separating them by removing those bridge pieces allows 'bi-wiring' and 'bi-amping' which are rabbit holes you really, really don't need to go down at the moment!

FWIW I take the view that if 'speaker cable is the best to use for a 5 metre run' then it's probably best for a two centimetre one - so this is how I've done mine. Though expect howls from somebody!
View attachment 7444

On the bluetooth front, I have one of these and it's perfectly serviceable though I use it mainly for Internet radio, which it is very good at. I got mine off FB marketplace for eighty quid:

These seem to have a thing for the DAB functionality breaking so don't rely on that aspect if buying SH.

There are quite a few bluetooth receivers around though as you've obviously seen browsing amazon. The main recommendation would be when you see something always google '{name of thing} review' before you buy. Buying from Richers is always a sound (fnaagh fnaagh) choice as they would normally take something back if you don't like it, provided you haven't broken it or thrown away the packaging. https://www.richersounds.com/mee-audio-af-ch-connect-hub-dual-bt-transmitter-receiver/

Have fun!
Denon pma went for £50 theres a pm7000 all in bhf charity shop on e bay

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Thanks thought so but just running through my new purchase other than a slight hiss and all buttons need a good clean not doing too badly just waiting for my castle severn 2s to arrive cant really tell anything yet as using old smalk gale monitor 6 ohm as its all i have available atm thanks for replying

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Thank you so much connected the gales at home all working now including balance i will get some of that cleaner i won the auction at £170 for the castle severn 2s so made up waiting for delivery
Source direct and balance working now ordered my cleaner hope it sounds considerably better with the castle 2s these little gale monitors are awful

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Hi Slick, Castle speakers Severn 2 are nice looking and good sounding florstanders. Same for Marantz pm 66 se is also solid performer with musical sound. Later you may add some streamer or what you like. BR.
Tried it out with the gale monitors it came with sounds worse than my samsung soundbar and subwoofer hope its considerably better when my caste severn 2s arrive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts