slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Learning alot very quickly just bought marantz pm 66 se with matching cd player £70 looking for speakers ive seen castle severn 2s for sale how are they compatible with this amp would it make a reasonable system for a bedroom 12x12 at a bargain price also will need some sort if blutooth i know that is sacrilege for some any advice appreciated 1000007662.jpg 1000007661.jpg

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome excuse my ignorance how would i wire the speakers ive only got 2 wires / plugs do you think it would make a reasonable system it will have been £160 all in if i buy them cant complain at that cheers

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi Slick, Castle speakers Severn 2 are nice looking and good sounding florstanders. Same for Marantz pm 66 se is also solid performer with musical sound. Later you may add some streamer or what you like. BR.

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Well ive just seen a cambridge in e bay £60 but i dont understand how they work ill have to google it i use blutoith in fone in the car and sounds well the meridian in the car is the best ive ever heard

good_enough

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Ive just read i only need the bottom one as it has the gold?
Yes if those contacts are bridged you only need to connect one pair. Separating them by removing those bridge pieces allows 'bi-wiring' and 'bi-amping' which are rabbit holes you really, really don't need to go down at the moment!

FWIW I take the view that if 'speaker cable is the best to use for a 5 metre run' then it's probably best for a two centimetre one - so this is how I've done mine. Though expect howls from somebody!
20240920_093305.jpg

On the bluetooth front, I have one of these and it's perfectly serviceable though I use it mainly for Internet radio, which it is very good at. I got mine off FB marketplace for eighty quid:

These seem to have a thing for the DAB functionality breaking so don't rely on that aspect if buying SH.

There are quite a few bluetooth receivers around though as you've obviously seen browsing amazon. The main recommendation would be when you see something always google '{name of thing} review' before you buy. Buying from Richers is always a sound (fnaagh fnaagh) choice as they would normally take something back if you don't like it, provided you haven't broken it or thrown away the packaging. https://www.richersounds.com/mee-audio-af-ch-connect-hub-dual-bt-transmitter-receiver/

Have fun!

good_enough

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Would these castle be suitable for me more likely to be listening to queen than mahler lol
Unfortunately speakers really are a matter of personal taste. Those seem to have reasonable reviews from back in the day. If you're buying SH would you be risking that much to just take em and listen? Could probably offload them again on fleabay if you don't take to the sound.

Give a subwoofer a miss until you've heard them without and then see if you need more poke. Floorstanders should give you some fair bass to start with.

slick76

Sep 19, 2024
Visit site
Ill stick with the basics for now just hope these castle 2s are ok ill probably be amazed although the one in the car is a14 speaker meridian and tgats superb

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts