Seperates or a dock system like the B & W Zeppelin?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I have a budget of £500 (max!) to buy a system to play my iPod through. I have no preference between a dock & seperates, am not concerned about looks or saving space. My only concern is getting the best sound I possibly can (as good as I can get from digital music anyway!) and sticking to my budget.

Any recommendations? Many thanks,

Morgan

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would suggest a pair of Wharfedale 9.1 speakers, a Rotel RA-04 amp, Chord Chameleon Silverscreen cable and an Apple Universal Dock.

I believe you should be looking at around £400 for that lot.

However, the speakers should really go on stands, which will take £70 or so.

The other consideration is which iPod you have, and how you store your CD music onto it.

If you have an iPod with less than 40Gb, I would use AAC 256kbps (known as iTunes Plus in the import settings), for iPods with more, I would use Apple Lossless.

If you mainly download tracks, they will be in iTunes Plus format anyway, so no need to worry.

idc

Since you have the choice I would also say go the separates route. A dock system is great for limited space, practicality or as a second smaller system. Separates can be added to and upgraded.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, much appreciated! I'm definitley going to go the seperates route. My iPod is 80GB, my iTunes library is about 40GB, the majority imported or downloaded at good quality. There are a few that I'll probably look at reimporting when my new system highlights just how bad they are!

Thanks again for the advice.

TRENDING THREADS