Second system needs a bit more...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="Dazed and Confused"]
JohnDuncan! You've just sneakily tried to add 50% to my budget! Naughty!
emotion-5.gif

Now, who do people think about the more affordable choices I put forward earlier?

And those active speakers look cool - I'd need to find out more about them though. Like what's the power drain like leaving them on 24/7?
[/quote]They not only look cool, they fit your requirements very well I think. Especially about room positioning and making the very best of lower bit rates, click to read the review provided on top of manufacturer's page and you'll know what I mean. For an answer to your question best contact the manufacturer, details here:AVI/Speaker Techniques Ltd
Unit 2, Gigg Milll
Old Bristol Road
Nailsworth
Gloucestershire. GL6 0JP
United Kingdom
Sales: +44 1453 834422I'm quite surprised you asked this detailed info already. You would want to audition them first, right?

Dazed and Confused

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
Solomon1 - I'd like to see how much power they eat, and whether their digital volume level stays fixed when I switch to and from analogue, before I demo them. Otherwise I'm just wasting my time. They should also be able to tell me where I can demo them.

John - I'm erring towards the DC4Ts as they're the cheapest! Seriously though, I imagine the fact they are front ported and smaller means they won't boom too much when placed in front of a wall. Also I think they have the most balanced look between classic and modern - less likely to date when compared to the XT4s. They're slightly better proportioned than the DC6Ts too. I'd like to try the Totems if I could find them too.

Have WHFSAV reviewed the DC6Ts recently? I missed that issue. Anything worth knowing about characteristics or positioning before I demo their little siblings?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Dazed and Confused"]
Solomon1 - I'd like to see how much power they eat, and whether their digital volume level stays fixed when I switch to and from analogue, before I demo them. Otherwise I'm just wasting my time. They should also be able to tell me where I can demo them.

[/quote]Valid questions. Ask Darrenwm1 on this forum. He owns said speakers. Draw his attention by posting on his thread hereand I'm sure he will answer all the questions you can think of.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts