Screen upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Help please. I am after a new screen and am new to forums.

I have had a Panasonic 32LXD700 for some time now and have been very impressed by it. I have had a Pana BD30 blu ray on order for a month now and still face a two week wait but have in the meantime bought a Denon AVR2808 amp and Kef 3005se speakers. Very impressed with both.

I mainly watch freeview, upscaled dvds (Denon 1930 and pana ex77 dvd recorder) and hopefully blu ray discs soon.

I want to get a bigger screen (42") but it must be an appreciable improvement over the excellent 32LXD700. It needs to be a good all rounder (sport, action, dark films etc. but no gaming requirement) with picture quality being paramount.

Would plasma be a good bet? Panasonic PZ85 perhaps? Is the Pioneer 48XD really so good? Surely 1024 x 720 pixels filling a 24" screen are individually larger than 1920 x 1080 pixels for the same size and would therefore be more noticeable?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
emotion-2.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
[quote user="Cooney"]Would plasma be a good bet?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote user="Cooney"]Is the Pioneer 48XD really so good?[/quote]

Yes, don't get hung up on the specs. Picture quality on the Pioneer is superb, and you won't realise it's 'only' HD-ready when watching it.

As for the Panasonic 42PZ85, we'll be bringing you an exclusive online review soon, so watch this space!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Cooney"]It needs to be a good all rounder (sport, action, dark films etc. but no gaming requirement) with picture quality being paramount.
Would plasma be a good bet? Panasonic PZ85 perhaps? Is the Pioneer 48XD really so good?
[/quote]

Plasma 100%!!

You need to look at both and make your own judgment. It's not just about pixel size/numbers, it's also about the TVs picture processing chips. (All CRTS dont look the same, but they are the same pixel/line size)

Both your choices will be very good.

TRENDING THREADS