scrap the ps3 for use with sanyo projector?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
having read the recent articals in whathifi on the ps3 being left behind now in terms of picture quality. should i get rid of the ps3 (i hardly ever play games now anyway) and buy a dedicated blu ray player to go with my sanyo plv-z700 full hd projector. i have a yamaha 763 amp for the sound (it would be nice to get all the lights lit up and it saying true hd etc too, haha), monitor radius 5.1 system, humax freesat hd and also a 32" samsung lcd (720p) for daytime viewing.

what do you guys think??? is it worth doing and if so WHICH BLU RAY????

cheers, adam.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I personally don't think the cheaper players offer that much of an improvement over the PS3 to warrant spending £150 - £200 to replace it if you already own one. I would be looking at players at £350 - £400 and above to replace it (think Pioneer BDP-51FD etc.) if you wanted something to really warrant the difference.

Of course, as with all these things, it's down to your own opinion really.

A

Anonymous

i figured i could get about £100 on a well known auction site so that would mean putting at least £200 towards a new player if I went towards the pioneer route. I guess that would be ok, but then is the system up to warranting a mid range player, i have (in my opinion) a near perfect "budget" setup, so would a higher end blu ray be overkill or would i really notice the difference i.e. images jumping off the screen etc. I also neglected to mention I would like this system to be ok playing a cd. The ps3 is a ************* pain when it comes to cd playback, i cannot engage any of the yamaha's processing (such as "roxy theatre" etc) when playing cds.

any help?

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi chicknorris,

if you were viewing on a 32in TV, it probably wouldn't be worth upgrading. But, seeing that you're using a projector you should see a much bigger difference if you were to buy the Pioneer player (and your system will sound better too).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts