First decent TV for use with PS3, bluerays films, normal dvds and freeview tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
First decent TV for use with PS3, bluerays films, normal dvds and freeview tv

Hi, im considering getting rid of my old tv to finally get on the HD band wagon, im buying a ps3 at the same for HD gaming as well as the blue ray movies. Ive been browsing around and im having trouble deciding whether or not the full HD is really worth the extra money for what im going to be using it for. Obviously if its worth it, and its needed for what im using it for then i can stretch, but as im currently a student and funds are tight if i can save money i will.

Any ideas on specific TV's?

LCD or plasma?

Full HD or HD ready?

And whats the difference between 1080i and 1080p? will this make a difference for using with the ps3?

Thanks for your help

A

Anonymous

I was looking at something between the 28" - 32", possibly 37" range as the tv will be a few metres away, and for what im using it for doesnt really justify an excessively big tv.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

To find the best size of TV check out the excellent "How to.." on this site.

Best Wishes .

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
In which case, I wouldn't worry about 1080p - at that size you're only going to be able to tell the difference at very close viewing distances e.g. a couple of feet or closer. The next issue of WHF out this week has a little guide in for TVs at all sizes (as I'm a subscriber I have it already you see). Out of the ones they've mentioned, if I were you, I'd probably go for the Panasonic TH-37PX80B, but then I'm a plasma fan and I think if you're thinking of a 37", that's probably the size you should go for otherwise you'll get the 32" home and think "I wish I'd got a slightly bigger set..."!
Don't just take my word for it though, if there's a Richer Sounds near you, I'd go down and take a look as they have some good deals going on 32" TVs at the moment, but don't take their word on what the best TV is as sales people often have other motives for clearing stock etc. Otherwise, find a local dealer, just make sure you see before you buy (John Lewis is also often mentioned on these forums as a good place to buy a TV). Wherever you go, make sure they let you adjust the settings so you can get an accurate look at how the TVs will look in your living room i.e. turn the brightness down!

A

Anonymous

Best Buy 37" on the site is the Panasonic 37PX80 and it is cheaper than the best buy 32"! But i would emphasise the previous comments on size, these sets do grow on you and a 32" a "few metres" away is quite small.

Also, if it's less than 42" (some would say 50") there is not a lot point in 1080p sets as you would have to sit on top of them to actually see any difference to a HD Ready set. (Salesmen may tell you different, but let your eyes judge that one).

And i am biased as I have 37PX80. It's a cracking set and great value for money.

A

Anonymous

The TH37PX80 is the Barrak Obama of the >37" range.

Seriously, look no further mate - it's the star of the show in it's range for good reason. Plus, it is RIDICULOUSLY good value too.

Good luck & happy hunting!
Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts