sand in speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
filling speakers up with bags of sand does, this have any real impact in speaker sound. I have a pair of mission m34i for my fronts in my surround set up and thats an option i have for those speakers. Any ideas guys.

A

Anonymous

I don't know about filling the actual speakers but I have a set of Nexus 6 speaker stands that I filled with sand and I think the result was well worth the time it took.

I picked up the sand from Toy's R US and as I remember it wasn't expensive. If it was me I'd get some sand and give it a go, you've nothing to lose and if you don't think the final result is worth it you can always just take (empty) it back out.

It's worth noting that depending on the quantity of sand required the extra weight may not be insubstantial.

A

Anonymous

It's certainly not unheard of. Some speaker manufacturers have made/make speakers with internal chambers to fill the cabinet to a certain point.

I wouldn't try it in a speaker without a dedicated chamber, and the m34i's cabinets are rigid and heavy enough (weighing just over 17kg) as they are, spikes are all you'll need, you wouldn't get any signifcant improvement with the m34i's, you would probably get the opposite effect.

A

Anonymous

cool. i will just leave them on the spikes as they are. thanx for the help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts