samsung UE40D6100 TV picture judder

steakers

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
ive been getting some recent odd things happening with this i cant work out if its sky or my tv although watching blu ray or net flix i dont get the judder ,

its like the camera is jerking for about two or three seconds then stops,

also ive had the tv for a while where would i find the firmware update the one on samsungs site isnt working .

chris1011981

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there i had the same tv the samsung ue40d6100 and had the same problems playing games was horrendous sometimes the picture would judder on pes 2012 etc when u kicked the ball it would judder for 2-3 seconds each time,

(updated the firmware to latest etc no help)

it did it on sky hd standard tv as well where the screen would pan then skip fast and then resume.

i wasted 600 pounds engineer came up said nothing wrong with it. i tried the settings etc nothing worked. had good quality hdmi cables 1.4 all settings for sky and xbox 360 where done properly

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I would look at tuning down the picture processing settings. For my 40d6500 this has solved most of the issues I had with this.

I will post my settings as soon as I am at home again. You could also google for settings and try them out.

Just make sure you note down what settings you had before the change.

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
My settings:

Menu PICTURE

Picture mode: Movie

Backlight 12

Contrast 76

Brightness 49

Sharpness 51

Colour 50

Tint (G/R) 50/50

Menu PICTURE>advanced settings:

Black tone: off

Dynamic contrast off

Shadow detail 0

Gamma 0

Motion Lighting: off

xvYCC off

LED motion plus off

Menu PICTURE>picture options:

Colour tone: standard

Digital moise filter auto

MPEG noise filter off

HDMI black level: normal

Film mode off

Motion plus: custom

Menu PICTURE>picture options>Motion plus:

Blur reduction 5

Judder reduction 4

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
this is your motion on your tv.when useing your blu ray player it doesnt judder because your blu ray is set at 24fames and when watching sky or xbox your tv is trying to put it into 40 frames or 60.and the the tv freaks out a little coz it cant handle it.should of got a sony.rock solid motion:)

chris1011981

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeh i know i understand that now thing is 4 years ago i had the lg lh7000 100 hz full 1080p tv and that never ever once juddered or went wrong so how can a company back then get it so right with a 300-400 pounds tv and 5 years on get it so wrong on a tv thats 600 pounds upwards ?

TRENDING THREADS