Samsung Q60T - change screen ratio when using Sky+ HD box

ianfreeman

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
I've just installed my new Q60T. My previous Samsung had a button on the remote called 'Tools' and amongst the options was one to change the screen ratio. Some of the old shows I watch through my Sky box need to be switched to 4:3 but I can't see a way to do this on the TV (or on the Sky box for that matter). Does anyone have any hints please?

I've just installed my new Q60T. My previous Samsung had a button on the remote called 'Tools' and amongst the options was one to change the screen ratio. Some of the old shows I watch through my Sky box need to be switched to 4:3 but I can't see a way to do this on the TV (or on the Sky box for that matter). Does anyone have any hints please?
Perhaps the manual can help here.

Reactions: ianfreeman

ianfreeman

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
I had already checked the picture settings before posting. The option to change the ratio is greyed out, presumably because I'm using a Sky box rather than the built-in Freeview.

I had already checked the picture settings before posting. The option to change the ratio is greyed out, presumably because I'm using a Sky box rather than the built-in Freeview.
I see, perhaps you should have stated that in original post.
I wasn't trying to appear facetious but sometimes questions like yours can be answered quicker by simply reading the manual, especially if you post on a Sunday....
No expert but I am sure there's a function there somewhere that will force a picture size change whatever input you are using, it's a sad oversight if there isn't.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts