Using DTS Fi and Amazon Music

vlawde

Apr 7, 2023
Visit site
Been trying to figure out how to stream Amazon Music HD to my Pioneer receiver. I can stream to it from my phone via bluetooth but too many hoops to jump though, plus bluetooth isn't known for great audio quality.

Downloaded the DTS Fi app, only to find that it wouldn't work on my receiver. Downloaded Pioneer Play Fi app and it works, will even automatically change the input on the receiver if I start music on my phone. All good, but all the screen on my phone shows is the few songs or albums I've played, there is no search function or way to dig deep into options. The actual Amazon Music app won't work on it's own, if I select that it plays through my phone, not the receiver.

Am I missing something here in getting the full Amazon Music menu on the Pioneer Play Fi app?

Reactions: hifi

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Been trying to figure out how to stream Amazon Music HD to my Pioneer receiver. I can stream to it from my phone via bluetooth but too many hoops to jump though, plus bluetooth isn't known for great audio quality.

Downloaded the DTS Fi app, only to find that it wouldn't work on my receiver. Downloaded Pioneer Play Fi app and it works, will even automatically change the input on the receiver if I start music on my phone. All good, but all the screen on my phone shows is the few songs or albums I've played, there is no search function or way to dig deep into options. The actual Amazon Music app won't work on it's own, if I select that it plays through my phone, not the receiver.

Am I missing something here in getting the full Amazon Music menu on the Pioneer Play Fi app?
Streaming is a jUNGLE too say the least thats why i prefer my CD/ Vinyl/Cassette .
its good when it works without the dam adverts unless you Subscribe so i just buy it and keep it , its always plays .

vlawde

Apr 7, 2023
Visit site
I subscribe to multiple streaming services, I would agree physical media is generally the best, but with Spotify, Amazon Music etc I can play entire albums versus buying a CD (and not too many places even sell those or CD players these days), and have variety, daily mixes, new releases etc. On Alexa speakers etc, the sound quality isn't as important as it is running through a home theater system, and I wanted to get away from bluetooth.

All I want to know ,is there a way to use the full Amazon Music app menu within Pioneer Play Fi? If I can't find a certain album, song or whatever, it's kind of useless for me

vlawde

Apr 7, 2023
Visit site
I'm sure there's a search facility when accessing Amazon Music through the app, but if not then create playlists on Amazon Music directly, and they should appear within the Play Fi app.

Not really. What I wanted to do is be able to access what I flagged as Albums, so i can look in my library and choose one, I don't see that option.

Between that, and that I keep getting dropouts while playing music thru the Pioneer app, it just doesn't seem worth the hassle. I'll continue either streaming from my phone using bluetooth or just use the Amazon Music app from my Comcast cable box, even though that app does not support Amazon's Hi fi/Ultra format.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts