Samsung makes panels and various parts for Sony. Please clarify this

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All, Yesterday,I was in a well known shop with the intention to buy the Sony 40 W2000, but was shown the new W3000. The assistant described its functions and glorious colour capabilities etc..at a cost of £1799. Since the price was a bit beyond my budget I looked around and noticed that a Samsung LE40F86BDX with similar specs but priced at £1399 and asked the man why a such difference in price. He said Sony is a premium brand and Samsung is a lesser known name hence the different in pricing. But what really confused me was the following: he said that Samsung makes panels and various parts for Sony LCD TVs, in effect you are buying a Samsung tv in a Sony dress! I have heard large companies like Samsung and LG provide panels and parts for other manufactures but is this really the case with Sony. I really liked the stylish look of the Samsung to the ugly Sony 3000 it already looked dated and, anyway,I went home without buying a TV. thanks

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes it is correct that Samsung make the panels and various other parts for Sony as Sony have not made any of their own panels for ages (if ever
emotion-40.gif
) But Sony are responsible for the caseing and the software that drives the panel. Sony have a simular deal with their mobile phones, Ericsson make the phone and Sony the software that makes it work.

Personally for that sort of money for a 40""lcd I would spend my money on a Good Plasma set any day!
emotion-21.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="samsung"]he said that Samsung makes panels and various parts for Sony LCD TVs, in effect you are buying a Samsung tv in a Sony dress![/quote]

See my reply here.

A

Anonymous

I was always under the impression that Samsung were the world's biggest electronics manufacturer, and you will be surprised what they do manufacturer for other well know, reputed, brands.

TRENDING THREADS