Dear Hisense, TCL, Sony and Samsung, please stop making 100-inch TVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will.

Sep 9, 2023
Visit site
By that theory we should stop making anything that's fancy or over the top. There's always a type of consumer willing to try and wanting this. Heck, it could be even used in corporate settings and trade shows. I don't really understand why this article exists.
I too thought much the same Terry when I first skimmed through. I read a bit deeper after reading your comment, thought back on when 19 inch CRT TV's were an amazing advancement and when I personally wondered what the point of a 40 inch TV was as it wouldn't fit within those now old-timey entertainment cabinets which enclose the TV amongst a bunch of timber, and I realised Alastair just wanted to have a bit of a gush, which prompted me to write this comment, which also is a bit of a gush.

Reactions: Arron

Azzuro

Jun 16, 2021
Visit site
They should absolutely keep making 100” TVs and I heavily resent anyone discouraging them from doing so. A lot of living rooms have you seated 4 meters away from the TV where you can easily justify that screen. I would rather buy a 100” tv over a new car as it would give me far more enjoyment. I am planning on getting one in a year but yes the biggest issue is getting it in a lift or stair case. I may have to hire a crane to bring it into the balcony window. Size is everything with TVs…. Il take a 100” edge lit lcd tv over an 83” OLED any day of the week.

koblongata

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
They should stick with the modular panel idea they came up with when the Micro LED TV first came out, making 40 inch modules so people can start with a 40 inch then upgrade to 80 inch and maybe 120 inch later by just adding more panels.

Reactions: Arron

Azzuro

Jun 16, 2021
Visit site
They should stick with the modular panel idea they came up with when the Micro LED TV first came out, making 40 inch modules so people can start with a 40 inch then upgrade to 80 inch and maybe 120 inch later by just adding more panels.

Great concept but in reality you will always get those ugly seams.

Reactions: Jamminator
Sep 10, 2023
Visit site
By that theory we should stop making anything that's fancy or over the top. There's always a type of consumer willing to try and wanting this. Heck, it could be even used in corporate settings and trade shows. I don't really understand why this article exists.
Yup thats a You problem for the writer, just because he felt insecure about his tiny home doesn't mean the world need to cater to him, that's such zoomer entitled whiny mentality. Such article is a waste of bandwitdh.

Lenardo876

Sep 10, 2023
Visit site
So you're saying if you cant get it into your house, no one else who is able to get it into their house shouldn't? I dunno why you would wanna stop someone from either purchasing one or a company, any company for that matter to stop making them. If the demand is there, let them supply it. If you don't want it, that's all on you, but if others want it, let them get it.

Friesiansam

It's no wonder the magazine is going downhill, when the Editor in Chief, Alastair Stevenson, is writing such pointless drivel...

Refusing to make what customers want, especially top-end products with big profit margins, is never a good way to do business.

Spitfire81

Sep 11, 2023
Visit site
What a ridiculous and entitled opinion. How bitter do you need to be to tell manufacturers not to make these products, just because you are too cowardly to have them? I would be extremely embarrassed to write this in public. Did you get your wife's approval for that too? I'll continue to enjoy my 85" oled thanks.

Lenardo876

Sep 10, 2023
Visit site
What a ridiculous and entitled opinion. How bitter do you need to be to tell manufacturers not to make these products, just because you are too cowardly to have them? I would be extremely embarrassed to write this in public. Did you get your wife's approval for that too?
Lol. What was said in the article was funny where he mentioned his wife. He made it seem like he had to had his wife's approval for everything and the fact that he had to sneak in a 48in tv? That's not a healthy marriage

Spitfire81

Sep 11, 2023
Visit site
Lol. What was said in the article was funny where he mentioned his wife. He made it seem like he had to had his wife's approval for everything and the fact that he had to sneak in a 48in tv? That's not a healthy marriage
I know right? And his solution, rather than try to tackle the issue, was to try and take this away from everyone else just because he can't have it.

Jamminator

Sep 11, 2023
Visit site
This article is clearly the insular mentality of someone who only looks after self-interests.

Stop trying to take things away from others.

The two types of people I've seen proclaiming to not need anything bigger than [insert preferred size] either no longer want to justify the expense of a large television in order to 'keep up' with the latest trends, or they simply tend to live in a dwelling with a living room couch two meters from the TV/have a bedroom setup as their primary viewing experience and forget houses exist.
So many new houses in North America, particularly detached single family dwellings, have massive living rooms that require large TV's. My living room is ten meters by eight meters and my 75" TV still feels small for a cinematic viewing experience. I could easily fit a 98" TV without it looking disproportionate.

I won't even comment on those who are fortunate enough to have their own media rooms and are chomping at the idea that one day affordable 100"+ TVs can replace their projectors.

In the end, even if the top flagship models get more expensive, the bottom tier (what majority of people buy) of large TV's will fall in price...and so will those smaller sizes OP demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts