Samsung LE40B550 - Analogue to Digital Channels??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

Just received my Samsung LE40B550 on the strength of the WHI reviews, which were spot on - 5 stars! problem is, sometimes when it is switched on it selects an Analogue channel, even though during the set-up process I only selected the Digital channel option. there doesnt appear to be an easy way to simply switch it back to the Digital channels. my old Samsung had a D.Tv button which allowed you to toggle between the two, but not this one and its incredibly frustrating. Nothing in the manual or on the Samsung website.

Any tips greatly received!!

Nick

camper 1

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
hi , when i switch mine on it selects dtv1.toswitch to analogue you have to press the up and down channel button. by pressing down it then selects analogue channels inreverse order ie 7654321.on yourrs obviously the other way round.all seems abit long winded but cant find any other way. hope that helps. obviously after digital switch over retune to digital problem solved.

A

Anonymous

Hi Camper,

Tried your sugggestion and it does work and switches the tv from Analogue tuner to the Digital - many thanks. We have already had the Digital switchover here so can only use the Digital tuner. what I dont understand is during the Plug and Play set up, I chose the Digital option, not the Analogue&Digital so I really dont understand why the tv insists on selecting the Analogue tuner in certain cases. It seems to happen if the set has previoulsy been switched off on a source other than Tv, ie HDMI2 for example. when the set is switched on the next time and a channel number is selected it opts for the analogue tuner channel. its incredibly frustrating and I havent found any easy way of getting back to the Digital tuner apart from your suggestion.

Nick

A

Anonymous

Just spoke to Samsung support who have told be that if you press the same Channel number button, the tv will toggle to the Digital tuner and vice-versa. I've tried it and it does work. they also told me that its just how the tv is and its nothing to do with the Plug and Play settings and you cant change it. I think thats a load of bobbins! It wouldnt be so bad if the manual told you what to do, but it doesnt!

Excellent Tv Samsung with a small but still annoying idiosyncratic fault and incomplete manual!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts