Samsung le40a786 and 46a786

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone had any experience of the Samsung series 7 tvs at 40 or 46''??

Another reputable magazine rated the 46 inch very highly and in the shops it does look pretty fantastic ie amazing contrast.

Also does anyone know the difference between the A786 and A756 model? It would seem to be the colour of the bezel (blue/red tint) but i also heard that the A756 doesn't feature the LED lighting, which is the main selling point of the A786.

Finally - any reason why What Hifi havent reviewed this series of Samsungs yet??!

A

Anonymous

Bryce951,

I have had the 40a786 for a couple of months and its a great TV. The difference between teh 756 and 786 is significant - they should really be in different categories as they are completely different TVs. THe 786 is an LED LCD with local dimming capability much like the top end 956 series but without quite as many media shenanigans. This means it has deeper blacks and outrageous contrast than the 756. Also the bezel is blue tinted vs red for the 756. Picture quality is excellent, very very inky blacks. Also it has very powerful calibration tools so you can get it pretty close to reference on greyscale and colour if you've the time and energy to tweak. The 100Hz prcoessing is excellent for sports but probably best turned off for everything else.

On the downside, the bezel is very wide so the 40" TV is about the size of a 46" despite the 40" screen. It also picks up dust better than a hoover. And the screen is glossy, which is great for colour etc, but very susceptible to reflections. Probably the most critical issue is that the blacks lighten very fast as you move off axis - watching it from 45deg angle and the picture looks fairly faded to my eyes - still good but nowhere near as good as when you are face on. This may not be a problem for you however. Apparently all the processing results in some input lag which may affect gamers - haven't tested this myself, but you can pretty much turn off a lot of the processing to minimise this.

I looked at the equivalent sony and much preferred this - picture as good ro better and its a very attrractive TV despite the wide bezel.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

could not agree with you more i have the 46 incher 786 by samsung and with a few tweaks here and there it is definatly a rival to the pioneer kuro incrediblr rich deep blacks sumptuos design i am a happy man

TRENDING THREADS