Samsung LE26A456 - conflicting reviews

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy a 26" TV for the bedroom and had my eyes on the award winning Samsung model.

Searching around the internet has turned up many reviews from buyers who have been unimpressed with the set, especially with the sound at low volume (which is how bedroom TVs tend to run in our house) and offline picture.

Can anyone give me some confidence that I wouldn't be buying a dud if I went for one?

I understand that there are people who have to "badmouth" stuff and that one shouldn't pay attention to the odd bad review you see online, but there are several reviewers from different sources repeating the same apparent faults, which at least makes me pause for thought.

Alternatively, are WHF about to test a new batch of 26" TVs so I can go and choose from those?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No immediate plans for a 26in test right now - we're looking to see what the new season of sets brings!

A few points to make on the Samsung, and indeed any second-room set. Firstly, too few people invest in a decent aerial connection, yet expect their bedroom set to somehow perform as well with broadcast TV as their main set all properly plumbed in (and maybe with Sky etc) downstairs.

Secondly, few flatscreens sound superb - the format of the cabinet almost precludes it, with smaller-sized sets having even less area for speakers than their larger siblings.

Having said all that, we found the Samsung set - which we bought for review from a High Street store - to sound strong for a second-room TV, and the Freeview picture to be potentially excellent. Hence its Award!

A

Anonymous

Hi mate, i own this tv and it has a cracking picture, really does, an absolute bargain but to be realistic with any lcd television or plasma for that matter, you need seperate speakers and amp otherwise it does sound flat.

A

Anonymous

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Its kind of what I was hoping, so I'll probably go for it.

A

Anonymous

DHL, I have had this Tv for 9 months and believe me it is a wonderfull telly, the colours are vibrant, the sound for a small tv is excellent, there is nothing negative I can say about this tv. Buy it you will not be disappointed.

Good Luck.

TRENDING THREADS