Samsung UE48H6400

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Second UE48H6400 has lip sync issues, exactly like the first one. Oh well, I'm either very unlucky, or maybe I expected too much from a 700 quid 'bargain' tv. And it's just won another test in the latest edition of the mag. Do the WHF team actually watch off air content during their testing sessions? That question was for anyone other than any member of the WHF team, who seem to not want to make any comment or answer any of my questions on this subject. Hmm.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
daveyjay said:
Do the WHF team actually watch off air content during their testing sessions?

Yes we most certainly do: we test every TV with a mixture of off-air broadcasts from the built-in digital tuner, Sky TV and DVDs and Blu-rays. AFAIK we experienced no such lip-sync issues with our test model of this TV, and I've asked our Technical Editor to add his response.

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Well, thanks for the responses Andy and Ketan. I must be an unlucky punter, that's all I can say. As mentioned before, I've had the Samsung sat side by side with a Sony KDL50W829. The Sony lip sync is perfect - indeed, with the Samsung volume turned down, the Sony sound is in perfect sync with the Samsung picture. Such a drag. Oh well, I can't see if it's third time lucky - I've got too long a journey to make each time to keep swapping tvs. Such a lovely picture as well...

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
I have just returned a UE46H6320 which to put it mildly was a big disappointment.We replaced a Panny 42" HD ready Plasma which was 5 years old.

Picture quality was very poor, Main source is a Humax PVR upscaled to 1080 P. Freeview HD was reasonable, normal SD poor, Now TV box 720P putting it bluntly terrible. I spent a long time with the settings and stiil could not get an acceptable picture.

Big thumbs up to Richer Sounds who after 8 weeks and an engineers report agreed to take the TV back.

I have replaced it with the UE48H6400. What a differance. We are totally blown away with the picture quality, Humax, Blu Ray, Now TV box all are supurb. Watched Wolverine this morning streamed at 720P and stunning picture quality, colours are so vibrant.

Standard picture settings tweaked and very, very happy.

Regarding lip synch no problems with the set i have, using the TV tuner, Humax, Now TV box, all are ok.

Everything works, streaming music from the laptop, optical out, Super/ Pro upsampling DAC to the M/F A1 FBP , very good.

daveyjay

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm genuinely pleased for you, seasiders rock, I really am. And yes, the Samsung's picture is pretty amazing. But, for me, having to watch everything through an 'offboard' box is a compromise. I've got no problem with using Sky boxes, Humax boxes, hard drives etc. etc., but the tv has to work correctly to start with before adding other things into the mix.

Grayalan

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same lip synch problem with freeview on a Samsung UE40H6400 that I bought in June. The problem is so severe on certain channels it is definetely unacceptable.

I have several emails from Samsung admitting there is a known problem. They have stated that their technicians are working on "a software update which will cure this issue" but cannot comment on when this will be, but suggest I check regularly for updates! There have been two updates since, but neither have fixed the problem. Fortunately Richer Sounds have agreed to replace the TV if Samsung don't fix it, and now my patience is running out, so I may have to take the replacement option.

If any of the What Hi-Fi guys are interested, I can forward copies of my email exchange with Samsung.

Grayalan

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Simon. However, Samsung had already directed me to that page, and like I said, the two updates issued since did not fix the problem.

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have just bought this TV and I also found the lip sync issue disapointing. I have found that if you go to menu - sound - additional settings and change the audio delay it seems to have fixed it. Not had this problem with other TVs so it's a bit worrying...

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have just bought this TV and I also found the lip sync issue disapointing. I have found that if you go to menu - sound - additional settings and change the audio delay it seems to have fixed it. Not had this problem with other TVs so it's a bit worrying...

rogershuff

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Bought this model from John Lewis two weeks ago after seeing that Samsung had a firmware update (v2116) from Sept 2nd. It did not help. Everything but the built-in Freeview HD tuner is good (SCART, RGB, Internet TV etc) (not tested HDMI In yet). The only way the freeview is watchable is to feed the audio out via the optical link into a sound bar or AV receiver and adjust the offset. Since the offset is not consistent, this is a right pain. Either I buy an external Freeview HD box or it is going back. Not sure what to swap it for as the pictures on this set are excellent.

nb997

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
hi I am looking at buying the ue40h6400 but am concered about this lip sync issue, can anyone confirm the latest firmware VERSION : 2116.1 2 SEP, 2014 has fixed the problem or not?

thanks

Rob123

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same lip synch problem on mine but if you go on menu sound, additional settings then go to audio delay mine was on 90 I now have changed it to 180 and it's fine now hope this helps.

jamesj1984

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have just brought mine i wish i read this before i brought it. Had it 2 days and watching skyy through hd on any channel through my reciever to the tv has major lip sync issues. Sound and vision is excellent just the syncing. Anyone fixed it yet otherwise i will change it for a sony.

jamesj1984

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have fixed my audio lip sync issue.
The audio delay is set at 110.
The audio on your amp will need to be set to delay at 110m/s also.
Correct me if im wrong i am a newb but this worked for me amd now i have no lip sync issues. My amp done this automatically on my last tv i must admit. Hope this helps.

jamesj1984

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes mine is fully upto date also. I think mine was more of a user/ amp issue. My amp was obviously still set up for use with my previous tv. Figured it out in the end tho like i said abobe by changing the audio delay to match the samsung delay. Easily done by having both the tv and surround sound speakers on and match the sound like a DJ would i suppose lol. Now i beat matched its sorted lol

arditzaja

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, i just bought yesterday this Samsung tv. The screen looks gorgeous and the sound seems fine for me. But i couldn't find how to remove the key sounds when i open menu or when pressing volume up or down. If someone could help me with this i would appreciate it very much.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts