Samsung ending plasma production by the end of this year with LG to follow

T

theflyingwasp

Sad day :cry: hope all the tight people are happy with their crappy LEDs it's their fault.

proffski

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
theflyingwasp said:
Sad day :cry: hope all the tight people are happy with their crappy LEDs, it's their fault.

Indeed, happily sitting in their ignorance thinking that they have actual LED TVs rather than LCD backlit by LEDS...

D

Deleted member 2457

Adds88 said:
Lucky i got the zt60 in the end thanks to gel :cheers:

No probs. :cheers: I see Sonic Direct are out of stock now.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
simonlewis said:
Is anyone really bothered, their is always OLED thanks to LG.

Im fine with it because I own a VT65b so I'll be ok for 5 or so years. Hopefully panasonic or Samsung will get their act together with OLED and bring down the price for OLED because I'm not a fan of LG..

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about as this has been on the cards for some time now, we all knew it was coming and the only question was when.

The figures speak for themselves and the fact is plasma TVs don't sell in the numbers they used to and technology moves at a pace so with the advent of 4K and OLED it's days were always numbered.

This can only be good news for those newer techs as less resources are used in producing PDP, you have to accept that technology moves forward very quickly and no matter how sad it is plasma has had it's day.

Bring on the new technology is what I say and I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings and I believe 4K OLED is a glimpse of that future...bye bye plasma I won't miss you :wave:

TRENDING THREADS