Samsung DVD-HD870 or stick with existing Toshiba SD-330E ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Iam looking to upgrade my current DVD player, to benifit my new Philips 32PF9641D/10 LCD TV. Would the new upscaling Samsung DVD-HD870 make a noticible difference or should i stick with the existing Toshiba SD-330E. Budget is roughly £100.00 or is this not worth it?

A

Anonymous

I've got the Samsung HD870 and I think it's a load of rubbish really I do so I am now going to get myself a Denon 1940 for £180 from Richer Sounds.

Suggest if you can extend your bufget by £20 go for the Pioneer DV 600AV for £120 also from Richer Sounds and you should notice a huge difference in performance on the HD870

www.richer-sounds.co.uk

A

Anonymous

Supprised at your judgment over the Samsung.
Iam concerned that if i were to spend, say, my new budget of £200.00, would i see a significant improvement over my current Toshiba SD-330E??

A

Anonymous

I believe you would see a big improvement especially as you also have an HD ready TV. Thought your budget was £100? If you're now saying it's £200 then I guess you must consider the Denon DVD 1940 for £180 form Richer Sounds though in another Post I have asked for clarification from WHAFIS&V about whether or not their Revewiers attributed the good picture of the Denon soley to 1080p or did they compare like for like at 720p/1081i with the likes of both the Cambridge and Onkyo which can only upscale to 720p/1080i

A

Anonymous

I have seen you post else where and would be interested in the reply.

Budget has increased to £200 (by selling suff on a well known bidding/selling wesite) ;)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
If you've got £200, buy the Denon. If your budget was sub-£100, the Samsung would be the best in that price range. Not everyone can double their budget....(but well done on the recycling!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts