samsung bdp-1400 opinion (any owners?)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Two weeks ago i purchased a cambridge audio dvd89 as a stop gap (till blueray) together with my new panasonic 37px80 to replace my older non hdmi pioneer dvd575a.

Despite being happy with the picture quality and excellent build quality of the cambridge audio i cant get on with the terrible remote and unreadable screen, so have probably decided to exchange it back and pay the difference for a blueray.

I spoke to richer sounds today and thay said they would happily do that and sell me a samsung bdp-1400 for £190

I know its not as rated as the panasonic bd30 but richer sounds dont carry it and i cant really stretch to £300 at the moment

Now ive read the WHF review of the samsung but wondered if anyone has this machine and how they rate it. Whats it like at upscaling standard dvd in comparison to the sub £200 dvd players (denon dvd1940, cambridge audio ect)

A

Anonymous

this must be an unpopular blueray !!

surely someone must have an opinion on this player?

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi Matt. The 1400 is a popular player with some good features. However it is Profile 1.0 which makes it slow to operate. Also some people have been having problems with the new Java discs intended for Profile 1.1 e.g. Batman Begins & Jumper (the latter mostly with the Sharp player). This forum is largely populated by hi-fi people, although you do need to give folks time to respond!!

A

Anonymous

You can pick up the Sharp for £250, although it is a 1.0 player. I don't really care about 1.1 and pic in pic, but there has been a slight problem with playback of some discs. My player has just been modified by Sharp, so let's see if it's more friendly! There are some other £250 players around.... but not at Richer Sounds!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts