samsung s2 massive move for me any tips welcome

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
for 28 months i have been around an iphone 3gs and after 3 months of o2 badgering me to upgrade i gave in i was going to go iphone 4s but after researching the samsung galaxy s2 i have gone for that.

main reasons- vlc controller,v player (xvid,dvix,mkv,mp4,avi ect support). fantasy football app,team viewer pro free, large screen for squeezebox controller. extra mirco slot so i can put music dvds on a few and pick which ones i put in. the big one flac support for me is awesome. all of this i could not do one a iphone

down sides - iphone appstore is so fast and easy to use. great sell on value in 2 years. and after 21 apps i want samsung had 20 apple had all 21 sky go being the biggy and samsung are saying they are not getting it till april next year.

hope i have not made a mistake in my choice .tues is delivery date like a little kid cant wait.

can anyone post the best audio settings and best apps many thanks inadvance

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I can't help you with the best audio settings within samsung's audio player, but I can recommend you "poweramp" as musicplayer.

Check it out in the Android market or at the powerampapp.com website.

Other nice apps are: "where's my droid", "Adao file manager", "SD tools", "Lookout mobile security", "Angry birds",...

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
There's also an app for spotify, facebook (that came stock on my Neo, and I can't get rid of it whitout rooting my phone|( ), gmail, google music, quickmark, an app that monitors the mobile data usage (I use one from sony, datacontrole. Samsung probably has something similar), speaktoit assistant (something like Siri), EVA for Android (also a virtual assistent like Siri), Skyvi (another assistant, but this time without a face),...

There are billions of apps on the Android market, so I guess you'll always find what you're looking for.

A

Anonymous

Squeeze Commander is probably the best Squeezebox app.

I personally use Winamp rather than Poweramp.

Download Lookout and/or Prey (I have both). (Remote tracking/locking/virus scan)

Chrome to phone and Phone to Chrome are useful

Make sure you get Whatsapp especially if you had it on the iPhone. (Free texts)

I find Dolphin browser mini the best browser

Jorte is a superb calendar app that will synch in real time with Google Calendar

Squeezeplay will register your phone as a squeezebox, which can then be played to via the remote or Squeeze commander etc...

Teamviewer will allow you to remotly access your computer desktop

Shopsavvy will scan barcodes and look for the best price

Go Chat will allow you to chat through Facebook

Spotimote is a remote control for Spotify

Twonky will give you a good DLNA server (I use it to browse my pics/vids on my PS3)

oh and this is a funny ad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5JSojJN3Y

A

Anonymous

I like the unified remote app, could be worth checking out

SteveR750

If you need a good task manager (as in to do list not an app killer) GTask will sync your task list with a google account, and an outlook exchange calendar and present on a handy home page widget. The built in calendar is more useful than jorte as again it will sync with mulitple calendars (google, outlook exchange etc). I have not yet found an app to sync with outlook exchange server tasks. My old Nokia E71 did quite neatly, but android doesn't offer that presently.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts