sacd/cd player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
sacd/cd Iam interested in buying a new source. I would like a sacd that also has good redbook playback. Can't make my mind up over valves or solid state. I listen to mainly classical,jazz and acoustic. My system at present is cyrus pre and cyrus mono blocks which give out 150 watts per block and i listen to cds with a cyrus 7d q with psx seperate power. My speakers at present are spender s8 but may be upgrading in future but, thats another story. My room is 20 x 12.5 I was thinking of going secondhand as the old musical fidelity tri-vista seems a good buy but iam not sure if the sonic performances have improved that much over the recent years which would make me buy one of the latest sacd/cd players. Any help would be much appreciated. my budget is up to £2000.00

T

the record spot

I've heard good things about the £1500 Marantz (sorry, can't recall the model number, but which I think Ken Ishiwata had a hand in designing), a step down at £600 would get you the Marantz SA-7001 KI-Signature. Secondhand market would get you a sparkling choice up to that budget - definately worth seeking that out.

Alternatively; can you keep your existing cd player and power supply unit? OK, it means having two players, so it might well not be an option (practical, or desired) but if you like the sound of that set-up.....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="snakeybyrne"]sacd/cd Iam interested in buying a new source. I would like a sacd that also has good redbook playback. Can't make my mind up over valves or solid state. I listen to mainly classical,jazz and acoustic. My system at present is cyrus pre and cyrus mono blocks which give out 150 watts per block and i listen to cds with a cyrus 7d q with psx seperate power. My speakers at present are spender s8 but may be upgrading in future but, thats another story. My room is 20 x 12.5 I was thinking of going secondhand as the old musical fidelity tri-vista seems a good buy but iam not sure if the sonic performances have improved that much over the recent years which would make me buy one of the latest sacd/cd players. Any help would be much appreciated. my budget is up to £2000.00[/quote]Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the sacd format on it's last legs?Looks like high resolution downloads (like from Linn website) and/or master grade (high resolution 176,4 khz discs, used for CES displays) are the future. If I would spend the 2000 on some source gear, I would keep my current cd-player and invest in a high quality dac that's future proof- i.e. one that can deal with high resolution data.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts