Rubbish day at penguin towers

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Our cat has a stalker. True, it's not a wind up.

The last 2 weeks or so this little black moggy sits outside our French doors. But this little cat has become more aggressive, a couple of nights ago it tried to bite our cat. It looks a lot younger than our 7 year old.

It's not a stray, it looks too well fed and groomed -- no idea who the owner is, but you only see it at night strangely.

Not sure what to do, as our cat seems scared.

Our cat has a stalker. True, it's not a wind up.

The last 2 weeks or so this little black moggy sits outside our French doors. But this little cat has become more aggressive, a couple of nights ago it tried to bite our cat. It looks a lot younger than our 7 year old.

It's not a stray, it looks too well fed and groomed -- no idea who the owner is, but you only see it at night strangely.

Not sure what to do, as our cat seems scared.

Thanks BB.

I came across that link earlier but a lot of that is non applicable: we can't have a cat flap as the front door is PVC, the rears have full length windows. And she's always bringing mice and frogs in for me to chase around the bungalow. We can't have a secure area as the back garden is too small

It's tricky situation. The poor cat can only escape when out is on the box that covers the electric meter.

jjbomber

Water pistol fired at the attacking cat. It will learn not to comeback.
I was in Marseilles last May and one of the biggest problems there is eating outside due to pigeon attacks. The restaurants use water pistols to scare them away. My mate didn't see any reason to let the waiters have all the fun, so he grabbed one and joined in. Great fun.

Rubbish day at Monkey Towers.

Mrs 12th is nursing a broken wrist.
Eldest child has appendicitis and will be operated on today.
Boiler leaking and cannot be used - presently living without water.
Dog rolled in fox crap - picking a great day to do it from a point of cleaning her up...

Mrs 12th's arm re-cast - a scaphoid fracture looks likely and that's not something they treat lightly.

13th monkey in surgery right now.

Boiler had its water supply switched off, so whilst we have no running hot water, we do at least have cold, central heating and the capacity to flush the lavvies!

Dog still a bit smelly...

Reactions: Al ears
Mrs 12th's arm re-cast - a scaphoid fracture looks likely and that's not something they treat lightly.

Boiler had its water supply switched off, so whilst we have no running hot water, we do at least have cold, central heating and the capacity to flush the lavvies!

Best wishes for swift recovery for Mrs. 12th monkey

Reactions: 12th Monkey

WayneKerr

Not a good day. Hopefully all will be on the mend as soon as (y)

Reactions: 12th Monkey
Don't wish to air my dirty washing on a public forum, but the washing machine has broken down... again.

It's a Samsung ecobubble. Brilliant in terms of washing and its economical on electricity, but it periodically breaks down. Had this machine about 8 years, this time the motor hums but the drum doesn't turn. I've cleaned the filter and tried to reset it, nothing.

I'll call an engineer this morning and see what they say. Gut feeling is it's kaput.

Friesiansam

Don't wish to air my dirty washing on a public forum, but the washing machine has broken down... again.

It's a Samsung ecobubble. Brilliant in terms of washing and its economical on electricity, but it periodically breaks down. Had this machine about 8 years, this time the motor hums but the drum doesn't turn. I've cleaned the filter and tried to reset it, nothing.

I'll call an engineer this morning and see what they say. Gut feeling is it's kaput.
When our Zanussi went kaput around 4 years ago, I looked-up the reliability survey on Which. Turned out then, that LG had by far the best record of the brands covered. We bought an LG with a direct drive drum and, it has not missed a beat.

Reactions: plastic penguin
When our Zanussi went kaput around 4 years ago, I looked-up the reliability survey on Which. Turned out then, that LG had by far the best record of the brands covered. We bought an LG with a direct drive drum and, it has not missed a beat.
Our previous machine was a Zanussi. Was a reliable machine. So is our Samsung, according to reviews at the time, but this one has been so unreliable....

It does wash very well and is more energy efficient than other brands.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts