Rubbish day at penguin towers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
There's always carers coming in and out of the house. They test themselves once a week, it's possible....

Other than that, I only do the shopping at the quietest periods (very early morning or just before they close.

I always wear a mask in a shop, vinyl gloves and I keep sanitizer in the car.

I go to pub on occasions but again never at it's busiest time, and I wear a mask at the bar.

Not sure how it was picked up but Mrs. has had a headache for several days before the test. Can only guess it was one of the carers.
Surprised they don't have to test more often than that, my wife has to with her NHS job

Take care PP, and your wife. Hopefully will stay mild.
Cheers BB. We are all in the hands of the vaccines and booster.

Mrs. P showed signs last weekend with bad headaches. Her headaches have gone....she feels fine in the main.

When my brother (72 years old) and his family had it, it took 10 days before they tested negative. We got just over a week based on that.

Reactions: Al ears

Tinman1952

Cheers BB. We are all in the hands of the vaccines and booster.

Mrs. P showed signs last weekend with bad headaches. Her headaches have gone....she feels fine in the main.

When my brother (72 years old) and his family had it, it took 10 days before they tested negative. We got just over a week based on that.
Best wishes to you both PP. I had it in March and it was not pleasant. Like a bad flu and I lost taste and smell for nearly 3 weeks. Symptoms cleared after about 8 days but the awful cough took a bit longer...
I read in Nature that vaccine protection against the BA.2 variant drops to 10% after 4 months. My 'booster' was last October so had no chance really! We need more boosters!
Take care.....👍

Best wishes to you both PP. I had it in March and it was not pleasant. Like a bad flu and I lost taste and smell for nearly 3 weeks. Symptoms cleared after about 8 days but the awful cough took a bit longer...
I read in Nature that vaccine protection against the BA.2 variant drops to 10% after 4 months. My 'booster' was last October so had no chance really! We need more boosters!
Take care.....👍
Cheers @Tinman1952

Oddly we've not lost any taste or smell. Really the only symptoms are a slight headache (heavy head rather than migraine levels), sneezing and a slight cough.

Mrs. P has just said we had the booster in early March

EDIT - 30th November last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinman1952

WayneKerr

Sorry to hear this, PP. I had it about 2 months ago. Symptoms were a banging headache and severe fatigue. Over it now except for painful joint issues which weren't there before.
Hope you get well/over it soon (y)

Sorry to hear this, PP. I had it about 2 months ago. Symptoms were a banging headache and severe fatigue. Over it now except for painful joint issues which weren't there before.
Hope you get well/over it soon (y)
Yeah Mrs. P keeps falling to sleep. Not sure if it's my sparkling personality (not) or Covid.

I'm feeling lightheaded (not be mistaken with dizzy). Feeling is similar to having a couple of pints of ale on a empty stomach.

Reactions: WayneKerr
Make sure you both are well hydrated. A lot of symptoms in viral illness is due to relative dehydration.
Yes, very true about keeping hydrated. I've had copious amounts of tea, squash and Lucozade. Although I did sin a little: had a couple of bottles of Peroni lager, which has been the cupboard for a few weeks. More truthfully, I had a tea chaser: big mug of tea sipped with a bottle of lager.

Think I've tweaked a stomach muscle. Yesterday, I had a sneezing fit and after that, just hiccuping or clearing my throat the stomach muscle really hurts. Hey-ho.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigboss
Mrs. P has just shown a negative test result. Won't do mine until tomorrow or Thursday as she was showing signs a few days before me.
Other than some fatigue, I'm fine.
Just tested positive still. I know I'm about 3-4 days after Mrs. First showed any symptoms, logic tells me it'll be about Monday. I won't test myself until then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts