Rubbish day at penguin towers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Thanks guys. Not sorted yet. All the local dentists can't see me for a couple of days. It's only cleaning & supergluing the darn thing back.

In other news, A couple of days ago our daughter came out with a searing revelation. And on Monday a ghost from my past has re-surfaced.

Not been a good week.

Thanks guys. Not sorted yet. All the local dentists can't see me for a couple of days. It's only cleaning & supergluing the darn thing back.

In other news, A couple of days ago our daughter came out with a searing revelation. And on Monday a ghost from my past has re-surfaced.

Not been a good week.
But if the root has cracked I am talking big money. So I'm hoping it's just a straight glue job.

WayneKerr

Looks like a plate then, PP :) Trying to find an NHS dentist is almost impossible, none in my area are taking NHS patients, private only, and ridiculous prices... little wonder my teeth are falling out.

Looks like a plate then, PP :) Trying to find an NHS dentist is almost impossible, none in my area are taking NHS patients, private only, and ridiculous prices... little wonder my teeth are falling out.
Same here. Excuse the pun but NHS dentists in Surrey are hens teeth.

Generally couldn't hack plates. Taken them out at night and hearing them clicking and clunking when you talk, just isn't me, despite being 60 in a couple of months... I don't look or act my age.

WayneKerr

Same here. Excuse the pun but NHS dentists in Surrey are hens teeth.

Generally couldn't hack plates. Taken them out at night and hearing them clicking and clunking when you talk, just isn't me, despite being 60 in a couple of months... I don't look or act my age.
If plates are well made and fitted properly they don't clack. I hate plates too but with both front teeth gone I didn't have much choice. However, facing several more extractions this year so a larger plate beckons.

WayneKerr

Spoke to the ma-in-laws dentist and they've recommended an implant for about 2k.
Never seen a financially poor dentist, just look in the car park at the cars they own. Must be wonderful for them with the "open wide" command as they survey your gnashers wringing they're hands in glee at the thought of each tooth with a potential return of £4K+ each. Treatment on one tooth over the years goes something like this: filling > root-canal > crown > extraction > would sir like an implant?

Plus, "You need to see the hygienist at least 6 times a year, this isn't available on the NHS, only private, and I'll charge what I like for the service". Don't get me wrong I appreciate that kitting out a dentists must come at a huge cost, but their prices just don't compute sometimes.

I have a healthy mistrust of dentists, not as bad as estate agents but close. Point of fact: one honest dentist told me implants would not work for me, as due to periodontitis, I've lost too much bone-mass for an implant to be viable... next dentist pushes implants.

Reactions: plastic penguin
Never seen a financially poor dentist, just look in the car park at the cars they own. Must be wonderful for them with the "open wide" command as they survey your gnashers wringing they're hands in glee at the thought of each tooth with a potential return of £4K+ each. Treatment on one tooth over the years goes something like this: filling > root-canal > crown > extraction > would sir like an implant?

Plus, "You need to see the hygienist at least 6 times a year, this isn't available on the NHS, only private, and I'll charge what I like for the service". Don't get me wrong I appreciate that kitting out a dentists must come at a huge cost, but their prices just don't compute sometimes.

I have a healthy mistrust of dentists, not as bad as estate agents but close. Point of fact: one honest dentist told me implants would not work for me, as due to periodontitis, I've lost too much bone-mass for an implant to be viable... next dentist pushes implants.
It screams rip off to me. But dentures I couldn't hack. Rather buy super glue and a DIY job than spend 8k on a bridge.

When he said 8 grand for a bridge, I suggested it'll be cheaper to paint the Fourth Bridge.

Friesiansam

If plates are well made and fitted properly they don't clack. I hate plates too but with both front teeth gone I didn't have much choice. However, facing several more extractions this year so a larger plate beckons.
I have had a partial top denture for many years. Acrylic ones on the NHS were always short lived as they would crack and break. 3 years ago I paid £1000 for a flexible denture, it was little better and a waste of money.

A year ago, seeing a new dentist from Italy at the same surgery, I was recommended a cobalt-chrome denture, also £1000. It is excellent, like eating with no teeth missing again. Worth it if your dentist thinks it is suitable for you.

Reactions: WayneKerr

Roger_A

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Nervous woman to dentist:
"I think I'd rather have a baby"
Dentist:
"Make up your mind before I adjust the chair"

I found the best way to minimise pain from the off is to grab hold of the dentist's b****cks and say:
"Now we're not going to hurt each other are we?"
A bit difficult for me as I have a female dentist.

Reactions: Gray
Nervous woman to dentist:
"I think I'd rather have a baby"
Dentist:
"Make up your mind before I adjust the chair"

I found the best way to minimise pain from the off is to grab hold of the dentist's b****cks and say:
"Now we're not going to hurt each other are we?"
Yeah, wouldn't work for me. My dentist is a grumpy geezer with a face like a angry boxer.....dog.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts