Ruark Audio R7 MK3

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Seems like a fine unit. It comes with those drivers

2 × Ruark Audio 140mm dual concentric drive units / Integrated active subwoofer with 200mm long throw driver

No technical background from my side, but apparently no dedicated tweeters. Do all the highs and mids come from the same 140mm unit? How do setups like this perform vs units with a tweeter?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Nelis87 said:

2 × Ruark Audio 140mm dual concentric drive units / Integrated active subwoofer with 200mm long throw driver

No technical background from my side, but apparently no dedicated tweeters. Do all the highs and mids come from the same 140mm unit? How do setups like this perform vs units with a tweeter?

Look up ‘dual concentric’ (or co-axial) speakers before you continue to speculate on the Ruark’s tweeterless state!

The clue is in the name ... dual (two), concentric (sharing a common centre axis). So tweeter and bass/mid drivers are built into the same ‘chassis’ (the tweeter being where you’d normally find the dust cap). Tannoy and KEF are probably the most well known practitioners.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
chebby said:
Nelis87 said:

Look up ‘dual concentric’ (or co-axial) speakers before you continue to speculate on the first Ruark unit ever built with no tweeters!

The clue is in the name ... dual (two), concentric (sharing a common centre axis). So tweeter and bass/mid drivers are built into the same ‘chassis’ (the tweeter being where you’d normally find the dust cap). Tannoy and KEF are probably the most well known practitioners.

Thank you. As I said, no technical knowlegde on this subject here, not judging either. I kinda fell in love with its functionality and looks. A part of me is hoping the sounds is lacking or else I dont know if I can stop myself from picking one up.

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
We are about to move in a new home, might as well decorate around the R7 *biggrin* The added streaming is what interests me, since my sources are cd's and streaming. If they manage to produce a little stereo separation this might be all I'm gonna need. Did you hear the mk2/3?

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
So apparently they use the same drivers but rebuild the amplification for the Mk3. Don't know to what extent this will improve sound quality but my guess would be minimal. Still wondering if somebody heard the r7 and want to share the experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts