RSW 12 Sub rattles

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good morning everybody

I have small/big problem depending on the out come which i am hopping some might be able to help with.

I have an RSW 12 sub and it seems to have developed a rattle, it is defo coming form the the sub but i cant seem to stop it.
It seem to happen only on the deepest of base notes when the volume is turned up. I have tried reseting Audyssey so that sub plays a little softer but it still rattles i also have dynamic EQ off as i thought this may have stressed the sub.
I wouldn't say the sub is being stressed though i have the again at around the 10-11 o'clock position and the crossovers are currently at 80hz and the level on the amp at about -4 (which isn't 75 db on the Slp meter more like 70db)
im hopping it isn't a mechanical thing and it is easily sorted, this morning I tighten the feet but haven't had a chance to re-test as it was to early before i went to work.

Dose anybody think that the screws around the woofer could need tightening or even the back panel where the controls are?

hope somebody can help me im really un happy about this as its an amazing sounding sub!

Many thanks in advance

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I doubt it can be the feet. I tightened the screws around the woofer on mine on my last maintenance session and they were a little loose (no rattle though) so that would be an easy thing to check

A

Anonymous

Yeah i was thinking that!

Do you think it could be something more internal i don't think it mechanical maybe something is knock against the cone at more extreme volumes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts