RSFX Grills on or off?

scene

I haven't got the RSFX, but I think they look really nice without the grilles. Not sure how much difference the grilles make to tonal quality.

As a matter of interest, have you got them set for dipole or bipole?

A

Anonymous

Dont get me started with settings and positions, still have not figured it out, and wether I am going to keep them or return them.
emotion-6.gif

I know if I do sell them, I will need to re-position my MS Alumni as I am almost sitting behind them.

I was told Dipole for sides and Bipole for rear, but I switched both and cant hear a difference.

scene

canada16:
Dont get me started with settings and positions, still have not figured it out, and wether I am going to keep them or return them.
emotion-6.gif

I know if I do sell them, I will need to re-position my MS Alumni as I am almost sitting behind them.

Are you using the RSFX to make up a 7.1 system with the Alumni?

I was told Dipole for sides and Bipole for rear, but I switched both and cant hear a difference.

Yep, that's what they say. Dipole is supposed to be more diffuse, Bipole more direct. I suspect thought that speaker distance, positioning and personal preference come into play here. Also speaker matching - what about Wharfedale rears to match the front three?

A

Anonymous

Hey, I was hoping to sell the alumni and have the RSFX as a 5.1, dont want diamond for rears as they are a tad to big for my room and the wife... Ha Ha.

I might sell them or return the rsfx and I feel I can get the same sound quality out of the alumni if I move them onto the side and not behind me.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Griles on or off? Personal preference....

canada16:I was told Dipole for sides and Bipole for rear, but I switched both and cant hear a difference.

When used in dipole mode, the front and rear HF units are out of phase with each other, which is recomended for side use.

A

Anonymous

Does it make any differance to the sound quality with the grills removed?

A

Anonymous

Well bought 15m of qed cable, so will install properly on the weekend without srewing holes into the wall, maybe put them on boxes and the ideal location and see what happens. will take them off and on.

What a polava, but TBH I should have positioned the MS properly i nthe first place

A

Anonymous

I've left my grills on, have tried them off and can't notice any difference, I just prefer the look with them on.

Can't tell any difference between Bi and Di either, so left as recommended-di pole.

Have to say I'm very happy with them.

TRENDING THREADS