Rotel vs Marantz (speaker choice)

ancalagon65

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello everybody.

I just discovered this site and I am amazed about this.

Days ago my preamplifier, Audiolab 8000C decided to don't work anymore.

So I decided I want now one integrated amplifier. The pair Audiolab/Arcam was playing gret about me, punchy but sometimes a little muddy (tha Arcam was rather old, more than 10 years)

Can you please help me to choose between one Rotel ra04 se used (about 150£) and Marantz PM6005 new? (same price if I exchange my old Arcam alpha8p).

I listen to cd (Cambridge audio azur 640C) and vinyl (Thorens TD 318 MKII freshly restored).

Thank you in advance

Greetings from Italy and I beg you pardon for my mistakes.

Gian Marco

Hello again.

I decided to buy the Marantz PM6005 and it sounds nice.

My Chario syntar show some limits, and I am looking around for new speakers.

The choice is between Monitor Audio bronze 2 bookshelf or Canton GLE 476 floorstands (NEW) or Monitor audio BX5 used.

Source is player Cambridge Audio azur 640C

I will listen only to music, not for HT.

Thanks for your time if you can help.

GM

ancalagon65 said:
Hello everybody.

I just discovered this site and I am amazed about this.

Days ago my preamplifier, Audiolab 8000C decided to don't work anymore.

So I decided I want now one integrated amplifier. The pair Audiolab/Arcam was playing gret about me, punchy but sometimes a little muddy (tha Arcam was rather old, more than 10 years)

Can you please help me to choose between one Rotel ra04 se used (about 150£) and Marantz PM6005 new? (same price if I exchange my old Arcam alpha8p).

I listen to cd (Cambridge audio azur 640C) and vinyl (Thorens TD 318 MKII freshly restored).

Thank you in advance

Greetings from Italy and I beg you pardon for my mistakes.

Gian Marco

Welcome to the forum.

Both amplifiers are good in their own ways but going purely on age and the warranty available I would take the Marantz.

All electrical kit dies at some point when it becomes uneconomic to repair, as you are aware, and that Rotel already has some age as it came about around 2009. It also matters to some that the Rotel did not have a remote control.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Depends on the your speakers you're using...

The Audiolab is a little more on the neutral side, and the Marantz a little more laid back. Personal preference with regards to tonality.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
David@FrankHarvey said:

The Audiolab is a little more on the neutral side, and the Marantz a little more laid back. Personal preference with regards to tonality.

I think the OPs choice was between the Rotel and the Marantz.....
My mistake, I was half doing something else and mixed names up. Switch Audiolab for Rotel :)

David@FrankHarvey said:
Al ears said:
David@FrankHarvey said:

I think the OPs choice was between the Rotel and the Marantz.....
My mistake, I was half doing something else and mixed names up. Switch Audiolab for Rotel :)

Concentrate David. That's better. ;-)

ancalagon65

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much.

This morning I was in one shop and the seller suggest me to choose between Denon 720ae, Rotel ra10 and Marantz 6005 offering me (new,400 €) a couple of B&W 684 s2 to change my old Chario syntar 200 tower.

Too bad it was not possible to listen to the speakers

What about this choice?????

Thank you

GM

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts