CAMBRIDGE CXU vs dedicated separates delima?

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My setup is as follows, i use a Onkyo TX-NR838 for my movies, and sky and htpc for movies and spotify and playback of flac files

I then use my Audiolab 8200A for my Music, (integrated) and (power amp mode) to drive my front speakers in my 5.1 setup via pre outs on the Onkyo TX-NR838.

I did have a Q-Dac which i just sold, tried to make do with using the Onkyo TX-NR838 as source in conjuction with my pc which i use to play my flac collection and spotify and kodi, but its now lost its sparkle and sounds rather dull and un exciting, so i purchased a CA 650 cd player to tie me over until i make my mind up which path to take.

Prior to selling my dac, i also sold my Arcam FMJ BDP100 Blu-Ray Player, as it no longer played discs, and decided not to buy another, so here i am now wondering what to do next.

So my delema is, do i get a new dac, and cheap bluray player, and keep my cd player i have, or get the CAMBRIDGE CXU which ticks all my needs, having just the one box, it is a dac, networking, bluray and cd player, saving me three boxes to home in my otherwise full rack, but is it to much of a comprimise, as movies and stereo are equally important to me.

I have also concidered the Cambridge Audio AZUR 851C Upsampling CD Player DAC Pre-Amp too, which would leave me without a bluray player, but i do have one in another pc that i could use in the HTPC which given how often i would use it compared to already mentioned would be a compromise i could live with.

So what do you all think?

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
It sounds complex.

I'd probably try sell it all except my speakers and buy the Arcam Solo movie.

But, say you bought a sony bdp s6700, blu-ray be sorted pretty well. Is the cd player not good enough?

TRENDING THREADS