Rotel RA-1520 to B&W 684s...to bi-wire or not to bi-wire?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've read quite a bit about bi-wiring and the majority seem to think it's a waste of time but I was wondering if there's any benefit in doing it with my Rotel amp as it has A + B Speaker outputs and my B&W 684s have two sets of connectors on each speaker.

Is this different to 'normal' bi-wiring? Would it be better than single wiring?

Would it be a good idea to connect both A + B to the pair of B&W 684s?

A

Anonymous

He didn't go into it much, he just said "Yeah, you can bi-wire that amp with those speakers". I didn't really ask any more after that being too excited about my new purchase... :doh:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Rick. Can I ask why you would stay with single wiring?

mfanje

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Well my view is that bi-wiring improves the sound but it should be noted that this my personal view. I believe there is no hard and fast rules here. It is all about personal test. :dance:

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes Bi-wire the speakers.

If you have 2 runs of cable then go ahead or at least remove the metal plate between the HF & LF post and replace it with the same quality of cable you are using with your runs.

The RA-1520 is not the most detailed of amps but hopefully you will hear more seperation in the higher frequencies - another suggestion is use silver coated cable for the HF and copper for the bass. Then decide if you hear a difference.

jakesterboy

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Just my point of view, but I have never heard any difference whether I single or bi-wire my B&W 684 speakers, I would rather recommend experimenting with the port bungs and room positioning to tailor the sound to your tastes. :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts