Rotel amp RA930ax is connected to a rega 2

Del16

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
I have quite an old hi-fi system that’s not been in use for a lot of years, connected it up, radio, amp, record player, speakers, cd deck. The trouble is it chooses when to play when I have the vinyl on, it crackles, plays for a few seconds good and then you can only faintly hear it. I’m not great with technology, I wonder if I need a new amp?

Gray

Thank you, can I ask where I should spray it please?
You want it to go between the contacts in physical signal switches (input selectors and any tape monitor switch).

And inside all rotary controls - between the wipers and the tracks that they're wiping.
(Wipers move as you turn the knobs).

Can be a bit tricky but that's why you get a long thin plastic tube with the switch cleaner.

Del16

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
You want it to go between the contacts in physical signal switches (input selectors and any tape monitor switch).

And inside all rotary controls - between the wipers and the tracks that they're wiping.
(Wipers move as you turn the knobs).

Can be a bit tricky but that's why you get a long thin plastic tube with the switch cleaner.
Thank you for this, I’ll get some and give it a go. Unfortunately I am so far away from Essex otherwise I would have taken you up on your kind offer.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I’ll get some and give it a go.
Good 👍
Make sure the amp is disconnected from the mains.

You will find the metal casing of the rotary controls open enough where the legs from the PCB enter....open enough to get the spray tube in.
After spraying, activate switches and turn rotaries fully up and down a few times.

When you power it back up, you should find it working crackle free - a miracle cure.

Repeat in 1 or 2 decades time - using the same can 👍

Reactions: Del16 and Al ears

Del16

Aug 26, 2024
Visit site
Good 👍
Make sure the amp is disconnected from the mains.

You will find the metal casing of the rotary controls open enough where the legs from the PCB enter....open enough to get the spray tube in.
After spraying, activate switches and turn rotaries fully up and down a few times.

When you power it back up, you should find it working crackle free - a miracle cure.

Repeat in 1 or 2 decades time - using the same can 👍
Thank you for your advice!

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts