Room/Subwoofer Placement Problems

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
I see Moorgate Accoustics is still open, I have just seen some nice B&W speakers on there.

i think they have moved shops..
Have they?
regular_smile.gif

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
after trying the new corner placement for the sub it is a big improvement but still not perfect. least my seat is the best of the three! the front left corner is the area with the strongest LFE. maybe if i had a sub in that corner also it would improve the output around my seating area slightly. when i buy my arendal sub 1 i'll stick it in the other corner along with the dali, to see if the overall response is better if possible. then sell the dali and if needs be save up for a 2nd sub 1.

a single sub 2 in the corner my sub is in now would be amazing. but i don't see any point for me getting one if i dont listen above -15. i listened at that volume for 10 minutes this week and i can't say i feel comfortable listening often at that volume incase the neighbour gets the urge to moan. still would provide more 20-30hz output though which is a benefit i guess.

There are a couple of ex-demo SVS SB2000 subwoofers for only €810 each on the outlet page of L- Sound. You will need to hurry though, as they sell quickly. My KK DXD808 was ex-demo in as new condition from them.

http://www.lsound.eu/collections/outlet

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
bigboss said:
There are a couple of ex-demo SVS SB2000 subwoofers for only €810 each on the outlet page of L- Sound. You will need to hurry though, as they sell quickly. My KK DXD808 was ex-demo in as new condition from them.

http://www.lsound.eu/collections/outlet
The total comes to around £1200 for the pair.

why would i buy an ex-demo version for £600 when i can get a brand new one for about £9 more?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
when one problem is fixed or improved, another one rears it's head!

the surround speakers don't give me a good surround experience anymore in my new seating position. maybe it's just the content i've watched thus far..but the surround left and right were not pointing towards me, they were facing straight on which is about 2.5-3 foot in front of the seating position. would this i assume ruin the effect? would simply turn the speakers facing towards me while still sitting on the wall help? the surround back are already fine, facing straight ahead firing towards sofa.

my dad managed to angle the speaker before so it was facing a different angle i'm sure he can do it again for that one speaker properly.

the front left corner has about +10db LFE boost over the seating position, either its unusually loud for the volume there or maybe the seating position is a bit underloved. hoping dual subs would sort that out. i'll order the arendal sub 1 when my issue is sorted out with the council and see if i get what i'm owed! although i still have my desires for dual pb-2000's..yet sealed might work better in my room and the sub 1 is better tha sb-2000

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it will take a while for me to get the arendal sub 1 considering the pound dropped and it would cost me £50 more to get it compared to a month ago..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts