Room 101

Page 31 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
People who dress their cars up as things that they are not. Passed a Faux-cos (see what I did there?) RS today - but it had standard width and vents behind the front wheels that were clearly stuck on. Wouldn't be so bad but the owner looked comfortably middle-aged - you'd have thought he'd have grown up a bit by now.
🤣🤣 Or the BMW's with Msport badges that are just standard cars.

Reactions: DougK1

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
People who dress their cars up as things that they are not. Passed a Faux-cos (see what I did there?) RS today - but it had standard width and vents behind the front wheels that were clearly stuck on. Wouldn't be so bad but the owner looked comfortably middle-aged - you'd have thought he'd have grown up a bit by now.
What's wrong with my bonnet scoop, whale tail boot spoiler, ultra wide wheels, dark tints all round and slammed low rider suspension? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Cricketbat70

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I've always liked the polar opposite of fake poser cars and that's "sleepers".
Totally bog standard cars with the engines fettled.

I've always liked the flat cap Volvo's particularly 2.5 T-5 for that reason.
Many a baseball cap thicko getting it wrong and having to drop back in embarrassment.

I agree that the M badge means nowt now unless one knows which is which.

The common trait of putting a large bore exhaust on a piddly little car that unbeknownst to them lessens the horsepower is not only silly but I sometimes feel embarrassed for them.

Must admit though at 40 I've still always lusted after a brooklands Capri 🙂
So much personality in old cars, none in the euro boxes of today etc.

Reactions: Cricketbat70

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I've always liked the polar opposite of fake poser cars and that's "sleepers".
Totally bog standard cars with the engines fettled.

I've always liked the flat cap Volvo's particularly 2.5 T-5 for that reason.
Many a baseball cap thicko getting it wrong and having to drop back in embarrassment.

I agree that the M badge means nowt now unless one knows which is which.

The common trait of putting a large bore exhaust on a piddly little car that unbeknownst to them lessens the horsepower is not only silly but I sometimes feel embarrassed for them.

Must admit though at 40 I've still always lusted after a brooklands Capri 🙂
So much personality in old cars, none in the euro boxes of today etc.
Love the T5. Far too many of those stupid large bore exhausts in my little town. I was going to mention them myself.
Of course some of the owners of these ridiculously loud cars think the 30mph speed limit in built up areas doesn't apply to them. 😡

Reactions: Stuart83

Cricketbat70

Feb 2, 2023
Visit site
I feel I need to put myself in room 101. Can't believe I was a complete idiot and forgot the Northern Lights would be visible across most of the UK last night. Woken up to loads of amazing photos on a local FB group this morning. People ventured out to the hills above town at midnight, stunning photos. I've even seen photos on Instagram this morning of the Northern lights over Cornwall last night.😭😭😭

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
I feel I need to put myself in room 101. Can't believe I was a complete idiot and forgot the Northern Lights would be visible across most of the UK last night. Woken up to loads of amazing photos on a local FB group this morning. People ventured out to the hills above town at midnight, stunning photos. I've even seen photos on Instagram this morning of the Northern lights over Cornwall last night.😭😭😭
Well you might have company as despite my fiancée mentioning it to me I forgot aswell.

Reactions: DougK1

Revolutions

Aug 6, 2023
Visit site
Me three! Although I did enjoy a lovely sunset with the bedroom window open, lounging on my bed with a book.

One for room 101 (that’s probably been mentioned many times already): people who spend more time staring at screens to film/photograph things happening in real life.

Reactions: DougK1 and Stuart83

Friesiansam

Well you might have company as despite my fiancée mentioning it to me I forgot aswell.
Me three, cocked it up as well. Looked out at 10pm, couldn't see anything, so assumed I was too far south, in West Somerset...

I'll be in Room 101A, so I can be alone with my thoughts, because I'm antisocial!

Reactions: jjbomber and DougK1

TRENDING THREADS